The Business Systems Manager will be an individual contributor primarily accountable for leading and championing the development, strategy and implementation of the Electronic Batch Record (EBR) process for the Kalamazoo manufacturing site. This position will also lead an overall program to directly deploy solutions for other business systems in alignment with the EBR strategy (e.g. automating manual, paper-based manufacturing processes). They will work with key stakeholders across both Active Pharmaceuatical Ingredients (API) and Drug Product (DP) locally, key EBR and business systems stakeholders in Pfizer’s manufacturing network, and with corporate colleagues in Business Technology (BT) and Pfizer Global Engineering (PGE) to insure a cohesive integrated solution across process control, SCADA, and MES systems within multiple operational areas to drive efficiency and Zero Defects.
- Leads a cross functional team to implement the Kalamazoo site’s EBR and associated systems strategy
- Manages activity under the site’s Operating Model as EBR Process Owner
- Leverages key stakeholders across DP, API, Quality, SCO, BT, and PGE to achieve goals
- Leverages and drives strategy through key site projects while sponsoring others
- Business System Owner of the EBR systems’ implementation strategy which includes the following:
- Single point of contact for site’s EBR system functionality and associated business process
- Single point of contact for the site’s EBR user base
- Communicates to user base system upgrades, enhancements, and outages
- Provides local training as appropriate
- Provides guidance and sets vision as an SME for projects that have scope falling under EBR
- Leads Limited Duration Teams and other cross-functional teams in defining and implementing components of an EBR strategy
- Insures site progresses towards an EBR vision through multiple capital, systems, and continuous improvement projects at the site.
- Leverages best practices at other sites and incorporates those into the site EBR strategy while influencing and insuring alignment with the corporate vision
- Influences corporate strategies and solutions in EBR by factoring in PGS Kalamazoo’s site processes, requirements, and business drivers
- Bachelor's degree with +15 yrs related experience – Science, ISM, Business or Related Fields
- 10+ years experience with Master’s or PhD
- Pharmaceutical or fine chemical industry experience with minimum of 3-5 years in pharmeceutical manufacturing operations
- Extensive vertical knowledge of the equipment, systems, and processes for manufacturing product.
- Green Belt and APICS certification preferred
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively; embrace diversity; influence stakeholders and build business partnerships to deliver results.
- Additional required competencies include:
- Business systems subject knowledge, especially SAP
- Manufacturing process automation systems knowledge
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Strong business acumen
- Organizational knowledge/agility
- Experience with Lean/Operational Excellence tools and driving process efficiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. (compentency details noted below).
- Functional/Technical Knowledge: Applies extensive technical and industry-specific expertise, and has full knowledge of the requirements of other related disciplines.
- Demonstrated skills in leading, planning, and developing successful business processes/business units.
- Familiar with MES, SCADA, DCS, PLC, and other production control systems associated with the manufacturing process.
Office work environment. Use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required when in designated manufacturing environment.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional travel may be required (<5%)
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.