ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Manages all aspects of Business System Analysis, including project management, ensuring that business requirements are defined thoroughly and aligned with cost effective and timely implemented business solutions. This position will directly partner with all ranks of business users; IT staff and management.
This position is classified as a "working manager" role. The manager will not only be responsible for managerial capacity and responsibility but will also be required to be a subject matter expert for specific business functional areas and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build rapport and credibility with stakeholders and IT staff through the display of business knowledge, comprehension of key business processes and business application expertise
- Provide prioritization, task assignment and overall direction to the business system analysts in areas of design, planning, and implementation of policies and guidelines for functional requirements gathering, documentation, user training and implementation.
- Develop and coach a team of Business Systems Analysts
- Provides business process and functional application support to team members and plans goals for the team in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with key functional business leaders and IT stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Engage with business groups and partner with other technology functions to facilitate clear understanding of business need; deliver appropriate systematic solution to fit the needs of the business.
- Work collaboratively with business management to understand and document business priorities as they are related to IT projects and requests
- Provide guidance and level of effort regarding scope and complexity of business deliverables to IT and Business Management.
- Collaborate with Development Director in the design and implementation of a global change management platform for Enterprise software change requests and approvals.
- Provide knowledge, expertise and training on the use of software change management processes and tools.
- Plan resource usage and assign detailed tasks in line with business priorities
- Ensure the business systems analysis team has well defined responsibilities, performance standards, and accountability
- Plan for and manage the business systems analysis teams expense budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation
- Works with Business and IT management to develop strategies to improve technology, increase productivity and enhance customer experience.
- Effectively distributes resources across teams to maximize team value delivery. Uses metrics to help team improve their performance and to help make decisions that improve delivery.
- Seek and analyze project feedback from customers and project teams to determine opportunities to improve functionality and business processes.
- Review and analyze existing business applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Develop and facilitate the execution of periodic training and development classes/programs for the Business Analysis team
- Collaborate with Business and IT management to Service Level Agreements (SLA's) for support as related to Enterprise Business Applications.
- Manage business analysis and project management resources to insure delivery of agreed upon levels of service (SLA's) are met for level 2 support of Business applications.
- Managing key vendor relationships and demonstrating benefits to the business through strong relationship management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field (required)
- 7-10 years' experience as a Business Systems Analyst, with a proven track record of carrying out requirements analysis and definition (required)
- 5 years of leading teams that define system requirements for business functions / processes (preferred)
- Experience across all functional areas of development life cycle methodologies including requirements gathering, training and implementation (required)
- 4 - 5 years project management experience (required)