Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
Spring is a data-driven organization; analytics and insights are at the core of decision-making at every level, fueling our innovation. Our Business Strategy & Intelligence team leverages the customer and transactional data at our fingertips to drive strategic customer research, executive and functional reporting, and product development. This team serves as the central advocate for all things data, working cross-functionally to marry the art and science of innovation and customer experience.
To support an ever-improving understanding of our customers’ needs, patterns and preferences, as well as continuous improvement in efficiency and integration with our partners, we are looking for a Manager of Business Strategy and Intelligence. Leading a team of two analysts, you will be the source of the data, reporting, analytics and testing that inform and support the business decisions of the company, while also being given extensive opportunities to influence corporate tactics and strategy with your own experience and research.
What you will do:
- Lead business intelligence reporting, creating and maintaining key company dashboards and reports
- Act as the go-to expert for data and analytics, advocating and training the org on its applications
- Collaborate with our tech team to improve the efficiency, utility, and expansion of our ETL process and its data sources
- Design, run, and review experiments, providing actionable insights from findings
- Work closely with stakeholders across to the business to help determine expectations and set performance goals for various initiatives
- Interface with both technical and non-technical teams, leveraging a pragmatic understanding of our technical stack to mediate and influence business decisions
- Inspire, empower, and manage a team of two analysts
What you have:
- Significant experience working in an Analytics, Business Intelligence, or a Data Science role.
- Prior team management experiencerequired.
- High proficiency in SQL, Looker or other commonly used SQL-generating reporting tools.
- Strong data visualization skills: You can convey data in an organized and comprehensible manner.
- Strong understanding of ETL's. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with various unpolished data sources.
- Exceptional communication skills: You’ll constantly be working across teams and stakeholders to influence decisions and it is crucial that you’re able to present well.
- Motivated to lead: you must have ability and passion to teach others about the business applications of data and analytics.
- Start-up experience. You have experience being the go-to data person and your knowledge hasn't been confined to only one type of data role.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Amazon Redshift and Amazon S3 is a strong plus.