The Manager, Business Services Operations is responsible for leading operational activities within BECU’s Business Services organization. The Manager, Business Services Operations is accountable for the direct management of the business loan processing, documentation, booking and servicing and quality assurance team members. In addition, the position is responsible for the managing the audit and compliance certification programs for the department. The Manager, Business Services Operations will act as primary liaison for operational activities between the Business Services business unit and other areas of the Credit Union.
In this job, you will
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Direct the workflow and manage department employees that document and fund new and renewing commercial loans and ensure quality control and compliance adherence for all of Business Services.
• Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of Business Services document and operations staff to develop and encourage employee performance. Meet with department staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations, using BECU Competencies as performance measures.
• Create and manage the Business Services Loan and Deposit audit and compliance certification program, including maintaining necessary operational audit and management information reporting.
• Work with the Director of Business Lending Operations to ensure all Business Services Loan, Deposit and Treasury Management InfoPoints properly adhere to relevant compliance requirements.
• Have a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements related to business lending and servicing. Ensure regulatory exam, third party examiner and internal audit readiness for achievement of satisfactory exam results.
• Ensure compliance with the various federal and state regulations that relate to areas of responsibility and coordinate with other departments and credit union personnel to ensure the same.
• Prepare and present formal department quality control, audit and compliance certification reports on a routine basis to Management and Executives.
• Support the continued development of processes required to implement and manage the loan participation strategy, updating processes and procedures appropriately that relate to areas of responsibility.
• Develop and ensure the effective implementation of procedures and processes impacting Business Services loan documentation and funding, and create productivity measures, tracking and reporting to assess overall success.
• Maintain and further develop operational procedures as new lending strategies evolve.
• Maintain and leverage knowledge of trends and developments in the Business Services audit and compliance environment and actively participate in the development and overall execution of the annual Business Services plan when appropriate.
• Collaborate with the Director of Business Lending Operations to establish departmental and individual goals and objectives that are consistent with the operating plan.
• Performotherduties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ degree in business required, or equivalent work or education related experience.
• Minimum six years of management experience managing Business Services operations activities in a financial institution (to include business lending activities) required.
• Experience with OSI or similar core operating system experience required.
• Experience with SBA lending (to include underwriting, documentation and monitoring) preferred.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Effective leadership and negotiation skills required.
• Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary.