Manages the evaluation, design, execution, measurement, monitoring and control of existing and new business processes within Community Operations. May oversee or project/program manage the implementation of process enhancements/advancements.
Ensures that business process outcomes are in harmony with the strategic goals. Works collaboratively across all departments of the organization to help improve the management of business processes and meet the business objectives and goals.
Manages the Community Operations Portfolio of fiscal projects from demand through project closure, including the process for identifying, prioritizing, selecting, resource planning and scheduling them. This position will also facilitate the annual Business roadmap development process and keep the roadmap up to date for executive review.
- Manages the evaluation, design, execution, measurement, monitoring, and control of existing and new business processes, and the implementation of new or modified processes.
- Coordinates the activities of cross functional teams, task forces, critical projects or initiatives, and ensures they are working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Manages and owns the Business Portfolio Process, ensuring alignment with various Business, Finance and IT partners. Continuously drives improvements into the process.
- Supports the Fiscal Project Demand Management and Portfolio Management process to facilitate business case development, level of effort definition, portfolio analysis and prioritization, project selection and approval.
- Develops and applies best practices and tools for project/portfolio execution and management reporting
- Maintains a library of portfolio documentation and presentation materials; provides consistent and effective Portfolio dashboards, scorecards and reports to be presented to the various levels of the organization.
- Facilitates and develops strategic communications for executive level management
- Collects, analyzes, compiles, and reports project and portfolio strategy, planning & progress information through various reporting systems/tools, including financial, staffing, milestone progress and goal completions.
- Manages staff, including hiring, motivating, developing and assessing performance
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years experience in project management including managing a Project Portfolio and providing portfolio dashboards and reports , OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience managing a Project Portfolio and providing portfolio dashboards and reports
- Experience in business process management
- Experience managing a large portfolio (50+ active projects) with multiple business stakeholders
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives)
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in managing teams across business units
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Project (for example: adding resources to a project, assigning resources to a task, leveling resources across task, assigning costs to a tasks, tracking percent complete, start, and finish dates, and/or viewing progress through the Gantt chart or report).
- At least 1 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Experience developing and delivering executive level communications and experience communicating across multiple levels of the organization