Business Operations Manager – Sales Ops and Sales Productivity
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways noother company can. We’re much more than adigital resume – we transform lives through innovative products andtechnology.
Searching for your dream job? AtLinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Our Business Operations team is seeking a passionate, highly strategic, driven, and analytical Manager to partner with our Global Sales Organization leaders to tackle high-priority strategic questions for our organization, and be part of the core Business Operations (“Biz Ops”) teamresponsible for objective analysis, operational insights, andstrategic initiatives across all ofLinkedIn.
The Biz Ops team is broadly aligned to the functional areas of the organization, and this role will be a key member of the team focused on working withLinkedIn Global Sales Operations and Sales Productivity organizations. The role is highly cross-functional, requiring solid business acumen and influence skills to identify, prioritize, and implement high-impact initiatives. The ideal candidate will be passionate abouttechnology in general andLinkedInspecifically. The position is based in San Francisco.
- Partner with the Global Sales Operations and Sales Productivity organizations to shape the vision and optimize the execution of diverse teams which include Sales Operations, Ad Operations, Order-to-Cash Operations, Sales Development, Order Management, Sales Readiness, Sales Systems, and Insights
- Identify opportunities to increase sales productivity and improve operational efficiency across LinkedIn’s four commercial lines of business (Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions, Sales Solutions, and Learning Solutions)
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support implementation/rollout of your recommendations
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Communicate effectively with partners at all levels, especially senior executives
- Cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams such as Product,Marketing, Finance, Business Development and Corporate Development to drivestrategic initiatives
- BA/BS degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics, computer science or related discipline
- 6+years ofexperience instrategy consulting,investmentbankingor a strategy-related role
- MBA degree
- Practical experience: Experience with enterprise software, SaaS or online advertising; Experience in sales with an interest in order-to-cash operations, digital media, consumer technology and online monetization
- Highly analytical: experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced Excel models. SQL a plus.
- Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Initiative and ownership: Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership