Manager, Business Operations -International Growth
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways noother company can. We’re much more than adigital resume - we transform lives through innovative products andtechnology.
Searching for your dream job? AtLinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is searching for its next Manager, Business Operations. This person will partner with senior leaders and the broader cross-functional team to drive day-to-day operations and help determine strategy. This role will partner specifically with teams laying the future foundation forLinkedIn’s growth.
In this high-visibility role, you will be a key business partner to senior members of the Executive, Product, Engineering andMarketing teams. You will own a wide range of strategic and operationalresponsibilities for groups building products that reach hundreds of millions of our members, including business planning of teams / initiatives, modeling and operational performance management.
- Maximize business performance: Develop in-depth understanding for what drives growth with LinkedIn’s consumer-facing products, and leverage insights to drive future direction
- Performance manage: Understand product performance through dashboards and data that you create or gather, and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues
- Forecast performance: Create and manage forecasting models for products, initiatives and the broader LinkedIn ecosystem, in close collaboration with Product teams
- Distill direction: Lead analytical efforts in an unstructured environment to identify product insights and improve decision-making across various stakeholders, including growth, engagement, site usage and product economics. Develop and deliver on strategic initiatives for our leadership team.
- Create connective tissue: Work with and share knowledge among various functions, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Data Science and Executive teams
- Be an expert: Serve as an expert on the businessdrivers of consumer-facing products for leadership in Product Management,Marketing, Sales, Finance,International Managers, and Executives
- 8+years of workexperience at a management consulting firm,investment bank, privateequity / venture capital firm and/ortechnologycompany.
- Experience working closely with executive-level staff
- Some prior strategy or operations experience within tech preferred
- Passion for Internet products and technologies: A desire to live and breathe consumer-product and change the trajectory of the company.
- Proactive and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Strong analytical skills: Experience solving real world business and product problems using advanced Excel modeling and relational databases.
- Technically proficient (or interest in learning) SQL, experience a plus.
- Practical business understanding with genuine passion for technology, big data, and/or entrepreneurship is a must. Experience (or desire to learn) about working with large datasets is a plus.
- Clear communication: Able to articulately present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Team player who works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
- Strategic thinker with excellent business judgment and strong product intuition
- Strong leader who can corral a group to execute against an initiative while rolling up their own sleeves
- Some management experiencepreferred, but not required
- Excited about LinkedIn — and the Consumer Internet space
- Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics, engineering or any quantitative major.
- Mandarin Speaker Highly Preferred