Manage the business relationships with existing commercial clients in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Patheon. Serve as the liaison between Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) if applicable and Commercial site management to manage the introduction of new products from the PDS pipeline and directly with clients on new Technical Transfer projects.
Relationship Management/Client Satisfaction
- Serves as the leader in all of the regional business activities, representing the client interests, while maximizing each site’s financial position.
- Provides oversight and attends all client business review meetings being led by site Business Directors/ Site Sr Manager, Business Manager (BM)
- Ensures all issues are handled promptly and that all communications are timely and accurate, including the quarterly Client Service reports. Issues are reviewed and escalated promptly to regional and global leadership team members.
- Works closely with Business Development teams to ensure consistent flow of new business to sites and seamless transfer of responsibility to site BM teams.
Financial and Forecast Management
- Ensures commercial client forecasts are current as these are posted into the Business Process Manager (BPM)
- Ensures forecasts for new products/PDS projects are assessed and posted into the BPM to reflect the best information on the opportunity
- Knows all of the Patheon financial obligations within the regional Master Service Agreement (MSA) and works with Finance to assure compliance
- Provides input and participates in the regional Business Plans and ongoing forecasts
- Manages multiple projects at the same time with multiple clients
- Ensures conflicts are resolved optimally and quickly
- Escalates issues to Sr. and Executive management team members following appropriate chain of command.
- Develops and offers solution based recommendations, quickly and efficiently using site and regional resources
- Addressing personnel issues promptly; developing the regional team
- Assures site financial forecasts are accurate while dealing with the changing client forecasts
- Assures regional compliance with all business management policies and activities
- Together with regional management teams, owns the site forecasts, client satisfaction and business relationships
- Ensures the proper technical input and accuracy of pricing quotations and product profitability
- Negotiates regional and site business issues for the best outcome of Patheon
Quotations and Supply Agreements
- Ensures the correct assessment of the overall cost of a new or existing project (cost of production, capital requirements).
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of all project quotations for the site.
- Ensures that all annual pricing updates are completed and delivered by the site BM teams to the clients per the MSA
- Ensures that all MSA requirements are executed, including pricing, payment terms, renewals, yield reconciliations, etc.
- Works closely with project managers/Technical Transfer Project Managers (TTPM) to assume control of tech transfer projects upon validation.
- Oversees and ensures that all projects between the sites/region and clients are executed according to the project plan.
Relationship with other Patheon Functions
- Coordinates all regional business activities with Business Development, the Vice President of Global Business Management, Vice President Operations, Finance, Quotations and other internal Patheon functions
- Ensures the implementation and sustainability of the Global BM/TT model.
Team Leadership /Talent
- Generates and executes development plans for Business Managers and Business Coordinators.
- Analyzes and evaluates results regularly in order to ensure core competency development, high level of performance and motivation.
- Identifies gaps in core competencies. Develops and executes training program accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science and/or Business
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and outsourcing.
- Superior client service orientation, interpersonal skills and business perspective.
- Demonstrated project management experience in a fast paced environment.
- Experience or a strong background in finance.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written; proficiency with English language.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share point).