Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Business Management, Strategy and Governance covers all TD business management, governance and control functions. Business and technology groups naturally team up to support a technology function leader or a segment CIO, with overall effectiveness as their guiding force. Experts focus on four main areas: 1. Business Performance, Financial and Technology Strategy, Planning & Coordination 2. Operational Effectiveness 3. Portfolio Program & Project Governance and Oversight, and 4. Business Governance and Controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead and manage a medium to large business management team or a diverse function in an area of moderate risk, complexity or scope. This mandate emphasizes short- to medium-term planning with attention paid to furthering an integrated approach with other business management areas and the broader organization. You’ll be valued and respected for your leadership and guidance. You’ll champion team success by setting targets and objectives and continually assessing team skills and capabilities to ensure we are always equipped to deliver exceptional results.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
• Develop, communicate and implement a holistic strategy for own specific business management function that supports the overall business strategy.
• Oversee, lead, manage and plan a diverse set of work activities involving the development and integrated implementation of policies, processes, procedures, changes across multiple functional areas.
• Identify issues and opportunities, understand trends and provide specialized business management advice to senior management and respective teams while raising industry, external and internal, enterprise and business awareness.
• Act as a strategic partner to effectively manage own business management area and clarify scope of accountabilities while influencing and aligning others as needed.
• Ensure an integrated and aggregated view of all related activities across the overall function providing escalations, recommendations, and decision support to leadership.
• Forecast initiatives and demand, prioritize with key stakeholders.
• Provide functional and business level communications to ensure messages to stakeholders and/or employees are consistent, appropriate and aligned to business strategies and executive management direction.
• Lead relationships with corporate and control functions to ensure alignment with enterprise and regulatory requirements.
• Leads the annual planning process for technology centralized expense (network / software)
• Oversees and provides thought leadership on quarterly forecasts and monthly financial results
• Manages the central expense cost allocations for strategic vendors
• Responsible for diverse set of reporting of metrics and financial results; presentations to executive sponsors
• Recommends and drives efficiency and optimization to reduce technology costs
• Develops cost distribution methodologies aligned to business drivers
• Accountable for monitoring and tracking of real cost savings from smart efficiency / run the bank initiatives reporting results monthly / quarterly.
• Manages technology’s invoice processing function
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Confidence and ability to lead and manage a significant business management functional area and overall operation of a diverse group in an area of moderate risk, complexity or scope.
- Commitment to ensuring there is an integrated approach with other business management areas, broader organization, and enterprise-wide.
- Readiness to focus primarily on short- to medium-term issues.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the business and technology, organizational practices and disciplines.
- Sound to advanced knowledge of external competition, industry and market trends in relation to your own function or business.
- Strength in interacting closely with business leaders to both optimize resources and leverage TD’s operating model to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD’s business and technology direction, assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered, set team targets and objectives to deliver amazing results.
PreferredQualifications – Here are thepreferredqualifications for this role:
• Undergraduatedegree in Business, specialization Finance, Economics; MBA a plus
• 7+ years’ experience in technology business / financial analytics
• Ability to see the bigger picture while managing a complex detail oriented function.
• Ability to develop executive level presentations and present effectively to senior management
• Ability to think and plan both strategically and tactically moving through both fluidly.
• Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
• Proven fiscal management skills
• Provide oversight, thought leadership and direction to achieve cost savings in network initiatives