Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Analytics and Reporting Platform, the BI Manager will be responsible for setting vision and providing day-to-day leadership and supervision over a team of direct and indirect resources supporting the Analytics and Reporting services function for the enterprise. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Manage a team of internal resources and external partner resources to support, maintain, design and expand our Reporting and Analytics solutions and platforms.
• Work in partnership with peers on high-value innovation opportunities.
• Drive a culture of rapid prototyping and service design thinking.
• Ensure that BI solutions and platforms adhere to privacy, information security, quality and regulatory requirements.
• Socialize Enterprise Analytics and Reporting solution and platform roadmaps.
• Define and manage SLA metrics and KPIs to track and measure the availability and quality of our services.
• Foster an environment and culture that is characterized by high performance, impactful work, strong engagement, customer focus, innovation and pride.
• Proactively work to identify and encourage career development opportunities that will support the professional development goals of each team member.
• Develop and maintain processes, tools, and training to support Innovation center colleagues to ensure professional development and advancement.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
• More than 8 years of managing BI development team and supporting complex data analytics, business intelligence and enterprise dashboard/reporting solutions and platforms.
• Minimum 5 years of working with BI tools such as Cognos, Tableau or Business objects.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with Cloud technologies.
• Hands on experience with SQL and prototyping.
• Experience with Cloud databases like Redshift and Google BigQuery preferred.
• Experience with large scale database in retail/complex business environment is desired.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth.
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.