Description: This managing level employee is responsible for a team of KP analysts and developers who facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures, development, and implementation. The BI Manager leads a team responsible for managing the regional SQL Server Datamart, including ETLs, security, and database administration; along with report development for selected business areas. The successful BI manager will ensure that the use of the business intelligence infrastructure and applications supports and enhances business decision-making within the Georgia Region.
- Communicates the goals and objectives of the department to help ensure the team supports the organization and customers, both internal and external.
- Translates the vision and goals of the reporting Director into tactical action items for the team.
- Monitors the flow of work through the team to ensure that the team efforts support the goals of the organization while managing system constraints.
- Enhances efficiency of team members by removing obstacles that impact performance.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, and develops policies and procedures pertinent to the team or the Datamart, where lacking.
- Fosters an open dialogue between team members to increase collaboration, efficiency, and trust.
- Ensures team member cross training to break down information silos and protect the organization from single points of failure.
- Ensures the provisioning of appropriate resources to address system incident support and troubleshooting.
- Fosters the professional growth of team members through coaching, performance feedback, and training opportunities.
- Strategically evaluates talent both internal and external to the team for the purpose of succession planning.
- Partners with key stakeholders and business leaders to ensure team deliverables meet requirements and expectations and are aligned with departmental strategies.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with other departmental teams to increase collaboration and build trust.
- Manages the interactions with technical business units that provide the Business Intelligence team services to ensure that the needs of the team are met.
- Ensures appropriate management of external vendors and consistent monitoring of associated expenses.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in supervising or leading business intelligence, software development, or database development, or teams in a related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in business intelligence, software development, database development, or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong computer skills, ability to manipulate data for analysis and proficiency with BI tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, SAS, Oracle, and Business Objects.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices, including relational database design and maintenance.
- Proven ability to develop efficient and effective analytic methodologies; address a broad range of operational and performance issues; execute analyses in a timely, accurate and reliable manner; and communicate findings clearly and concisely to diverse business leaders, key contributors and stakeholders.
- Experience participating in designing and interpreting analyses of data, providing recommendations in support of critical business decisions.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proven ability to work in a complex, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Proficiency in effectively managing an experienced technical team as well as communicating and interacting effectively with all levels of staff and management within and outside of the organization.
- Knowledge or proficiency in .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, Active Directory, ITIL, Oracle, C#.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in managing business intelligence teams.
- Familiarity with clinical and administrative systems, concepts, and terminology strongly preferred.
Job Number: 663261