Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and India, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
Our Business Operations unit interfaces with the rest of DigitalOcean to ensure our ability to execute on our product vision and support our growing customer base in a data-driven and efficient manner. As the Manager of our Business Intelligence team, you will join a growing Data & Analytics team that partners with decision-makers across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust and relevant analysis, insights and data products. The D&A team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including user data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, upper-funnel marketing data, trust and safety data, and operational/infrastructure data.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide team leadership and management for Analysts and Business Partners on our Business Intelligence team, which partners with every other part of DigitalOcean to provide reporting, measurement, insights and quantitative support for longer-term strategic projects
- Manage curation and expansion of our centralized business intelligence platform (Looker), ensuring a standard analytical lens, unified data modeling layer, and experience optimized for self-service of end users with basic data retrieval needs
- Manage and align team and individual priorities, in order to most effectively support quarterly business objectives, while also maintaining bandwidth for interrupt-driven requests as well as proactive insight generation
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization to drive consistent process for inbound requests, and a higher degree of actionability and impact resulting from reactive work
- Manage working relationship between BI team and Data Engineering team, ensuring short-term needs are met while helping craft long-term data warehousing objectives
- Empower individual team members to both deepen and broaden their skills through growth opportunities that align with their goals
What We'll Expect from You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; MBA a plus
- Experience in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Experience managing business intelligence / analytics teams, preferably structured as a centralized or consulting resource
- Experience facilitating efficient partnerships between analysts and business decision-makers across different functions
- Hands-on experience analyzing, managing and modeling high volumes of data spanning multiple systems for multiple purposes in a dynamic environment
- Experience managing effective relationships between business intelligence / analytics teams with related data engineering teams / resources
- Track record of effectively evangelizing a data-driven culture across business units, focused on actionability and impact
- Ability to simultaneously manage longer-term projects as well as delivery of interrupt-driven reactive analysis across team members
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Experience managing a portfolio of easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), and ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience integrating and managing data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau) spanning multiple groups of end users
- Bonus: Prior experience with Python and/or statistical modeling tools such as R or Matlab
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.