BAE Systems, Inc. is looking for a seasoned Business Intelligence Manager. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience managing a Business Intelligence service comprised of multiple Business Intelligence applications, a team of full-time employees/contractors/consultants in a geographically dispersed and matrixed environment supporting a large user community across multiple Sectors with diverse business cultures and requirements. The right candidate will have in-depth experience with BI tools and an innovative/energetic mindset focused on delivering business value through utilizing data as a strategic asset. Additionally, the candidate must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Management of multiple Business Intelligence applications, including IBM Cognos and Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Oversight of daily operations and maintenance, including system/content administration, server administration, report development, data modeling, change management, configuration management and all other applicable IT controls
- Management of a team of internal employees and contractors/consultants in support of O&M and Project Delivery
- Development of technology Roadmaps - exploring unused capabilities of existing products as well as new products in the marketplace
- Ensure Service Requests, Incidents, Application Availability, Project Delivery and Customer Satisfaction are addressed within Service Level Objectives
- On-going maintenance of service documentation - e.g. Business Continuity /Disaster Recovery Plans, Architecture, Procedures, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements and adhere to defined corporate IT policies, procedures and guidelines (e.g. patching, upgrades, etc.)
- Proactive identification and remediation of process gaps
- Partner with internal customers and project teams to forecast demand, understand requirements, staff appropriately and deliver as committed
- Proactive monitoring of environments to reduce service disruptions - e.g. failed jobs, system performance, capacity, etc.
- Staff development including succession planning, skills assessments, training plans, providing new challenging opportunities, etc.
- Management / monitoring of budget versus actual performance
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar discipline from an accredited school.
- 10+ relevant experience of working in a Business Intelligence field
- 5+ years of experience with managing all aspects of Cognos and/or OBIEE - data modeling, installations, upgrades, patching, customizing, automating, etc.
- 5+ years of managerial experience. Experience managing virtual team in a matrix environment a plus.
- Hands on experience writing SQL queries Oracle and SQL Server platforms; query performance tuning and advanced analytic functions.
- Architect and design Enterprise Business Intelligence reporting solutions - strong understanding of BI needs and propensity to develop and deliver solutions to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to articulate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Aptitude for working effectively under pressure, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, and working without direct supervision.
- Effective IT leader, team builder, and business partner.
- Must be comfortable dealing with changing priorities and timelines.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to influence others
Preferred Skills and Education
- Masters in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar discipline from an accredited school
- Experience with Agile Project Management a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
- Experience with Oracle Analytics Cloud a plus
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression