$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
The Manager, Business Intelligence is responsible for execution of an overall franchise commercial reporting. This role will leverage knowledge of both pharmaceutical dimensions and analytics model outputs to deliver reporting framework across all relevant franchise and functional personnel. Business Intelligence Reporting solutions include dashboards, standard re-porting, ad hoc query and data discovery, and the application factory.
The Manager, Business Intelligence Reporting will work with vendor partners to deliver the business intelligence solutions. These solutions will be built in partnership with the Business, Solutions, and Data and Platforms Groups to enable decision making and analysis that will drive commercial performance.
The Manager, Business Intelligence Reporting will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and execute reporting strategy to meet business intelligence reporting needs across US Pharma franchise and functions
• Delivery of reporting solutions related to:
• Brand Performance and Portfolio Analysis - Develop KPIs and quantify brand performance to understand current state and drive strategic goals / analytical needs
• Customer Experience / Engagement Reporting - Develop and monitor KPIs in engagement activities across metrics such as social media sentiment, satisfaction, awareness, trial, use, and adherence
• Sales Force Performance & Effectiveness Reporting- Design and execute routine reports (weekly, monthly, etc.) regarding field force performance, including call planning reporting and highlight high level insights. Collaborate and share reporting insights with Franchise leads.
• IPL Reporting- Design and execute reports related to innovation product life-cycle, life-cycle management analytics, digital products innovation, and BD&L, in alignment with the Business and Solutions groups
• PSS Reporting- Design and execute reports to address franchise needs
• Work with Franchise Leads, internal stakeholders and business partners / vendors for end to end delivery and support of BI & Reporting solutions. This includes but not limited to, requirement gathering, designing prototypes/ wireframes/ mockups, identifying data sources, quality checks, automation and support of reports & dashboards
• Scope incoming requests and define reporting requirements with input from Solutions and Business Groups
• Engage Data and Platform Group as needed to ensure underlying foundational tools enable business intelligence reporting success criteria
• Establish consistent metrics for reporting
• Keep a pulse on latest information consumption and reporting trends and capabilities and on reporting Solution vendor landscape
Manage vendor development and delivery, mitigate issues, and provide guidance based on expertise
Align to operational objectives and short-term planning
Ensure high-quality execution that meets customers' needs, including quick turnaround on priority and/or ad-hoc requests in response to internal and external events
Communicate business critical information at senior levels
Coordinate with Business and Solutions Groups to understand cross-market analyses to assess the competitive landscape and inform business intelligence strategies to differentiate and create a competitive edge
Work cross-functionally to develop reporting tools that enable quick turnaround on incoming requests
Work with the rest of the Data and Platforms Group to build foundational infrastructure, data governance, and master data management as inputs into business intelligence reporting
Manage vendor partner team, providing functional expertise to guide best-in-class capability delivery
Work well cross-functionally with the Commercial Acceleration Heads, Solutions Group and Vendors to meet franchise needs
Build strong, cross-functional relationships to leverage Novartis' expertise to accomplish business goals and objectives
Address franchise reporting questions or concerns as needed
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Undergraduate degree in applied sciences or engineering required.
Minimum of 6 years of business intelligence/ commercial reporting solution experience – Build and Operate
Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical experience with good understanding of US Pharma Commercial Data sources
Minimum 3 years of experience in BI Tools (Qlik, Tab-leau, Microstrategy) and Database (Oracle, Redshift)
Demonstrated experience designing and executing business intelligence solutions
Demonstrated experience analyzing complex situation and processes and effectively integrating and synthesizing the data to form a complete cohesive picture
Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative mind
Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and analytical skills
Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to develop recommendations and communicate clearly
Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
Excels at interacting with a diverse group of people, all levels of management, including senior leadership
Change management and project management experience
Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
Is good a bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work
Has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
Understanding the Business and Industry Landscape
Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
Interacts with external thought leaders and cross-industry community to understand emerging trends in the industry and potential opportunities areas for Novartis
Making Complex Decisions
Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
Creating the New and Different
Is forward-thinking and can identify the next great breakthrough idea; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
Drives for Results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12