McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care. We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Position Description This leadership position will develop data solutions to assist in the advancement of initiatives needed to support our customers and growth across all of McKesson’s key customer segments. It includes the creation of analytical solutions used to manage customer programs and mentoring other data analytics resources on how to best provide value to the organization. The position will require building dashboards and visualizations through BI software to support customer analytics and reporting. The position will also serve as a proactive change agent within the business by understanding the long-term functions of the Data and Analytics Team and developing systems, databases, and other critical analytic tools needed to support the growing and complex nature of customer relationships. The position is a leadership role responsible for working closely with both internal teams and external customers to understand, define, and produce program related reports and analysis. Responsibilities include interpreting data, creating ad hoc reports, modifying and updating standard reports when applicable, perform statistical analysis, analyze data to forecast trends and conduct predictability outcomes. The analyst will also participate in client meetings, strategy sessions, and quarterly business reviews. He/she must possess knowledge and experience necessary to offer recommendations and propose solutions for complex business problems and/or systems enhancements. Key ResponsibilitiesResponsible for creating business value for company and customers by understanding data environment, designing data strategies, performing extract, transform, and load activities, and operationalizing models. Work closely with the team members and business partners to interpret the data and develop implement solutions that capture value for McKesson and our customers. This position will require collaboration across the business to develop and implement data-driven solutions.
- Support the development of customer-level metrics needed to manage customer relationships and operations with McKesson. Manage the compilation, analysis, and reporting of data via SQL and other tools to forecast trends, apply various analytical techniques (i.e. mathematical models and/or statistical techniques) to support customer growth.
- Design, create and implement reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and client requests utilizing SQL, SalesForce, and Business Objects.
- Document and understand project requirements, reporting data mapping and data warehouse repositories for assigned programs.
- Complete full documentation of reports developed utilizing Business Requirement Documents that will be customer facing documents.
- Receive and respond to data requests to ensure projects in queue are accurately prioritized, designed, estimated and delivered to all shareholders (client and internal teams).
- Ensure reports are scheduled, audited and delivered according to client expectations and established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Act as the primary reporting contact/liaison for Client Managers and Application Technology Partners to ensure data warehouse structures, universes, and associated data satisfactorily meets reporting requirements.
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans to ensure data warehouse structures, universes, and associated data accurately meet business requirements.
- Other responsibilities and projects, as directed.
Minimum Requirements 5+ years of experience in analytics or data related fields and 2+ years of managerial experience Critical Skills
- Ability to review all program data, perform analysis, notice trends, research and suggest solutions.
- Ability to design, create and implement reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and delivered according to client expectations and established SLAs.
- Significant data mining, analysis, data modeling, and reporting to represent current and future impacts to the program and organization. Expertise troubleshooting data quality issues.
- Experience dissecting and deriving solutions to business or technical problems; ability to think out of the box and suggest multiple approaches; ability to integrate new information to create additional insights
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), Visio, SharePoint, SQL, Business Objects, Tableau, Salesforce.
- Experience leading and conducting customer meetings, to understand business needs and presenting data analytics at quarter business reviews
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical industry or Call Center reporting experience, highly desired
- Some IT project management, beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Exercise excellent judgment within defined standards and guidelines to manage conflict resolution and/or ambiguous situations
- Experience developing partnerships with the technical, business, and sales teams utilizing strong communication and team building skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of understanding of how to produce accurate and meaningful metrics to deliver high quality, actionable, efficient, and interactive reporting and insights to drive business and financial KPIs.
Education BA or BS degree or equivalent experience Physical Requirements Professional office environment – Travel 20% travel may be required