The Business Excellence & Quality Operations Manager will ensure that analytical R&D US is having the appropriate level of quality, equipment, written standards and common operation activities are streamlined. He/She delivers the EHSS, quality, and business critical processes and KPI's to support Local ARD function. Being first contacts between ARD / R&D partners (EHSS, procurement, finances, external providers, QA, PIO, Technical Services, Infrastructure, etc.) for transversal initiatives, requests, projects.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Manage a team of approximately 3 people
- Liaise with LaO functions to ensure that the EHSS system, quality system, and the continuous improvement structure are functioning properly
- Define, generate and maintain KPI in a harmonized approach with other Analytical R&D group
- Act as project manager for new lab installation (revamping/ moves)
- Ensure the Management of installation, qualification and maintenance of all of Analytical R&D laboratories
- Manage the local CAPEX operating budget
- Manages the Written Standards & the associated training related to local procedure
- Contribute to improvement and harmonization of local procedure (both technical and general documentation)
- Centralize and manage deviation and CAPA and Change requests related to TRD ARD US
- Act as the SPOC for TRD ARD US for all EHS aspects (Inspections, procedures, management of unplanned events, Hazardous situations)
- Promote Good Scientific Practice implementation for Analytical R&D laboratories
- Support and supervise the e-Lab Notebook projects for Analytical R&D laboratories
- Actively support Audit L2-L3-L4 preparation
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Masters Degree & 6 plus years OR Bachelors Degree & 8 plus years of analytical laboratory equipment management and EHS and Quality experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, communication skills, strong collaborator/communicator; an assembler of people and ideas to reach constructive solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to learn and to adapt quickly to new function
- Good communication skills, team spirit
- Well organized
- Highly Autonomous and willing to learn
- Proactive, motivated and dynamic personality
- IT tools oriented. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,…
- SAP knowledge
- Compliance minded
- Lean/Simplification Experience
- Quality control experience (Analytical R&D or Commercial QC)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.