The Manager, Business Development manages business development efforts for the Supply Chain Solutions Group (SCS). This individual is responsible for generating new accounts as well as maintaining and building existing accounts relative to the SCS Service Portfolio: Container Management Solutions, Lead Logistics Solutions and IT Solutions. This role requires strong leadership skills/vision and the ability to successfully drive change. This individual will engage with current and target customers and, through close collaboration and teamwork (internally and externally) seek to identify value-added solutions. This position requires a strong ability to influence internal teams, and work collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to develop innovative product growth strategy and build lasting relationships and partnerships.
- Responsible for SCS Business Development and related administrative activities/services.
- Drive revenue, market share and margin growth in line with the business plan and leads business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Manages the consultative pitch process from beginning to end including development of custom presentations and proposals.
- Customer engagement at the senior levels with key accounts to develop strategic/integrated partnerships.
- Develop an integrated service offering to SCS customers to include Control Tower, Managed Transportation, 4PL, LLP and other like services.
- Identify new business opportunities with both existing and new accounts.
- Establish a strong working relationship with key SCS team members including IT, Solution Engineering and Operations.
- Create connectivity with customers with the goal of establishing credibility through business expertise, industry acumen, and most importantly a value-oriented approach.
- Assist in the development and execution of a focused sales strategy and tactical opportunity plans to deliver logistics solutions within targeted industries and customers to gain market share and grow revenue.
- 5+ years’ industry experience in US 3rd Party Logistics, Transportation Management, International Logistics, or US Domestic Logistics & Transportation operations. Included in this experience is sales or sales related experience within the Industry.
- In-depth knowledge of 3PL, Logistics Control Tower, 4PL and/or LLP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation/Logistics, Business Administration or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written), and ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and leadership (internally and externally).
- Position requires travel of up to 25%. Occasional work after normal business hours and weekends may be required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and work process skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.