This position is responsible for leading the business development activities in North America within CSU, WuXi’s Chemistry. The position works closely with CSU and other BD team members and senior management team in China to develop and execute the most effective strategy to increase chemistry service along with project management in assigned area of geographic responsibility.
This position manages sites for key accounts and is also responsible for business development for any new accounts. This position works proactively with other BU team members, such as other BD team members, Marketing, Project Management, Technical Groups and Operations to assure objectives and goals are achieved.
- Develop plans and programs for existing accounts in his/her geography to gain market share in existing businesses, cross sell process development and manufacturing services and increase site penetration of all key accounts.
- Develop strategies and tactics to gain new business
- Achieve PO targets for key accounts and new accounts.
- Record progress of BD activities and provide regular updates to management.
- Work closely with all WuXi business units, project management teams and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and ensure good communication with all parties. Help set up BU visits, attend trade shows and stay involved when customers visit China.
- Collects and utilizes various data sources to provide competitive intelligence, tracking and analysis of the competitive landscape in assigned locations.
- Min. of 3+ years of relevant industry experience in chemical or pharmaceutical development and/or manufacturing. Experience in, or managing, CROs, CMOs or CDMOs.
- Demonstrated experience of success selling non-GMP services
- A strong technical understanding of bringing a drug through discovery to development
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Must be a self starter, self-motivated, highly flexible, with excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills). Must be organized and detailed-oriented.
- Proven experience in creating successful business development plans and processes. Marketing experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both in verbal and in writing. Familiar with Salesforce and proficient with MS Office Products to include; Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Excel are required.
- BA/BS in Life Science (preferably in Chemistry related field), Business, Marketing or related Technical degree, or equivalent training and/or experience. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters (MS) in Life Sciences a plus, but not required