American express is a leading global payments, network and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations. Our US commercial card sales organization provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help mid-size companies and large corporations around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending - from travel and meetings, to everyday office supplies and raw materials.
As the leading issuer of commercial card programs, our solutions deliver a number of benefits to our corporate customers including increased visibility into their business spending, added control, improved efficiency and cost savings. Our card programs also help keep employees safe, secure and productive while on the road. With 160years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations. The Manager of Business Development we seek will beresponsible forbusiness-to-business commercial cardsales within a specific territory, generating top line growth for corporate card and corporate purchasing solutions prospects. The US commercial cardsales organization specifically targets accounts / prospects in the large market. You will drive results for the entiresales cycle including building and developing senior-level client contacts, setting thesales strategy and negotiating with the client for profitable new, cross sell and expansion business. Your success is measured by achievingsales targets and by demonstrating strong leadership skills. Business development consultants will deliver a minimum of 100% target / quota, while developing a pipeline of prospects. You must complete commercial card certification program. Sales territory covers MO, NE, KS including St Louis, Omaha and Kansas City. Prefer candidateresides in the St Louis area
The successful candidatewill have the following skills:
- A proven success in a high-level, consultative sales position is required.
- A minimum of 3 years outside salesexperience in any of the following areas (important, but not required): corporate card, corporate purchasing card, commercial card or corporate payment systems and e-commerce.
- B2B experiencerequired.
- Experience in moving a prospect through all sales cycles: from generating leads through aggressive cold calling, fostering the relationship, uncovering the needs, delivering the value, closing the business, negotiating pricing / contract and implementing a successful program.
- The candidate must be focused and competitive with a strong drive to over-achieve.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- The candidate will possess strong presentation skills to effectively represent the corporate card and corporate purchasing solutions to prospective customers.
- Sales territory covers MO, KS, NE including St Louis, Kansas City and Omaha
- Candidate needs to reside in the St Louis area.