The Sr. Business Development Manager will help increase the reach and profile of Verilogue & Insync's business within existing accounts as well as expand the client base in the requested geographies. The person will be responsible for assisting with, identifying, cultivating new relationships and new business in both new and existing accounts. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with business development in any of the two primary lines of business - strategic insights and transform consulting. As a company that works with clients as business partners and trusted advisors, the Sr Business Development Manager must be comfortable with and inspired by working with an intellectually stimulating product and engaging with clients as a consultant to their business and insight needs.
- Sell Verilogue's unique medical marketing research data to pharmaceutical companies;
- Consistently exceeds forecasted sales targets
- Develop contacts (cold calling, where necessary) and manage a pipeline of client activity;
- Cultivate lasting client relationships that become Verilogue Advocates
- Lead all client meetings and presentations;
- Write and deliver proposals;
- Accurately capture sales process information in Verilogue's CRM system;
- Prepare and execute a sales plan to meet and exceed sales targets;
- Clearly communicate BD team strategy/progress and work as part of a sales team that includes members from Sales and Client Services;
- Report to the Vice President of Sales.
- Work effectively with PHCG Agency colleagues to integrate and grow the business
- Minimum of a four (4) year degree is required;
- 6-8 or more years experience selling market research products/services required
- Demonstrated success in selling marketing research products and/or services; or, expertise and experience in the commercial operations of a pharmaceutical company
- Proficiency working with Salesforce is a MUST
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and oversee complex projects and processes
- Ability to train and progress junior level team member(s)
- Proven organizational and relationship building skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).