Job Description Summary
The ideal candidate will be based in Los Angeles. Position is responsible for identifying business opportunities to grow Lonza's share in the oral dosage marketplace including capsules, ingredients, and Licaps manufacturing. Works closely with divisional and regional business leaders to target strategic business opportunities and to define effective plans to secure growth for Lonza. Position is responsible for developing new business opportunities with consumer health care brands and manufacturers as well as other non-traditional companies to drive use of our entire portfolio of products and services. Coordinates assigned cross functional projects between Sales/Innovation/ R&D/Marketing/Operations with the objective to grow the business. Responsible for establishing the market evaluation positioning and introduction of new products, services, and technologies in the region.
The key objective of the role is to create a consistent pipeline of new business development opportunities that simultaneously create value for customers, consumers, and Lonza. Strong Business Development skills will enable working with customers to ensure the successful development of new products and growth initiatives in capsules, ingredients, and in the dosage forms solutions market segments of Consumer Health & Nutrition. This position is expected to have high visibility in the health and nutrition industry and active participation in regional and national trade associations. Additionally, this position is expected to lead industry webinars, innovation summits, and other meetings on behalf of Lonza.
- Responsible for generating new business & expansion of the customer base through direct customer visits and flawless project management
- Must be able to generate and close new business opportunities by promoting current technologies and emerging technologies as they become available
- Must be exceptional at thinking creatively and have a passion for innovation
- Identifies market trends, assesses market potential and develops strategies to grow Lonza's market share in the Consumer Health and Nutrition.
- Makes presentations and implements development projects at Consumer Health and Nutrition customers, sets in place the required project plans and executes the plan and closes new business.
- Provides timely customer support and defines and interfaces with internal resources, when necessary.
- Works with Lonza marketing, sales, customer service, marketing and product development to develop strategies that ensures Lonza's position as a multi products solution provider for customers' existing products and new product introductions.
- Ability to sell and manage to all levels of relationships including President, VP, Director, and CEO.
- Active Participant in Industry Events and Trade Associations.
- Willingness to lead webinars and innovation meetings.
- 5-7 years of Strategic Business Planning, including Sales, Product Development, Marketing and Business Development experience
- Direct health and nutrition industry experience highly preferred.
- Must have project management experience in developing and implementing the introduction of new lines of products or new technologies to the marketplace, and be able to manage the project to conclusion with a results oriented focus.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (50+%) and at any time.
- Knowledge of product life cycles is required.
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Must be action and execution oriented, possess the ability to work independently, with a high degree of interpersonal savvy, organizational agility, and managerial courage.
- Experience in identifying market trends and establishing action plans that capitalize on those trends.
- Must be able to work across regions and multiple functions.
- Proven track record in identifying market trends and establishing action plans that capitalize on the trends to deliver sales.
- Sales driven and results oriented with a high degree of enthusiasm, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to multi-task and manage resources to maximize territory performance
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.