Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Support the Vice President, Business Development in managing the business development process within Lantheus and supporting various business development related forums, including the Opportunity Assessment Team (OAT) and the business development working group.
- Work closely with a cross functional team of individuals from various functional areas, such as Business Development, Commercial, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing & Operations, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Research & Development to assess, discuss, and support recommendations on business development opportunities and deals.
- Build and work withfinancial and business models, including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements; and market models.
- Gather, research and/or assist in the preparation and distribution of materials pertinent to deals.
- Aid in assessing M& A transactions, corporate, intellectual property, and licensing collaborations.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability in supporting multiple activities such as deal assessments, licensing deals, partnerships, etc. simultaneously to ensure favorable results aligned with company goals.
- Identify industry related meetings and forums relevant to company strategic interests; perform outreach to participating companies and plan for meetings / contacts at these events; attend relevant meetings as per business need.
- Work with senior company executives, investment banks, and or consulting firms in business development / deal related activities.
- Build consensus and communicate effectively with a variety of cross functional colleagues to support projects.
- Review, assess and understand business development / transactional legal contracts and their implications.
- Work with a deal database, such as Cortellis, to assess and analyze comparable transactions, and potentially other databases or data sets.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, quality, customer service, efficiency, collaboration and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 5+ years of life sciences business development experience (pharmaceutical, diagnostics, imaging, and medical devices); MBA preferred.
- Ability to utilize Excel skills to develop and work withfinancial models, including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statements, and market models.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience with the regulatory and intellectual communication and presentation skills.
- An ability to work with sensitive and confidential property aspects of life science companies.
- Experience with business development transactions in a life sciences company or environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
- A creative, solution-oriented and cross-functional problem solving approach
- Well-developed project planning skills
- A track record of participating in complex negotiations
- An ability to manage differing opinions and conflict effectively
- Proven experience in driving business development projects to completion
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Minimal travelrequired based on business need