The firm is recruiting for a Business Development Manager for its Energy and Government Contracts practices. This position will reside in our Washington, DC office. This position is expected to create and implement outside-the-box business development and marketing strategies to generate new client relationships, expand current client relationships, and enhance the brand recognition of these practices.
- Work with partners and professionals to provide create, prepare and coordinate sales proposals/pitches and responses to Requests for Proposals.
- Develop an annual strategic business development plan and corresponding budget for the practices with Practice Group Leaders.
- Conduct market analysis, industry and competitive intelligence research reports for business development opportunities.
- As the subject matter expert for the practices he/she supports, generate content, create marketing materials, and identify and leverage public and media relations opportunities.
- Assist with the onboarding of new laterals, including drafting their lateral integration plan, create biographies and work with the communications team on announcements.
- Monitor and track MBD expenditures for expense management purposes including review of expense requests.
- Support in the development, publishing and promotion of thought leadership.
- Oversee the drafting and submission of Chambers USA and other rankings and directories submissions.
- Manage client-appreciation and other events in addition to seminars/webinars.
- Develop high-level partnering relationships with industry associations and consultants to identify connections, speaking and conference presentation opportunities and sources of referral for practice group lawyers.
- Leverage marketing technology using tools such as InterAction and other knowledge management resources to increase prospect identification and internal information sharing.
Experience & Qualifications
- 8-10 or more years of marketing and business development experience in a professional services industry, with preference given to law firm experience.
- Experience dealing with global marketing issues and sensitivities.
- Management experience required.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to handle a variety of projects that require tight deadlines.
- Proficient at issue-spotting, and possess a strong intellectual curiosity about the business of law and intellectual property in general.
- Highly organized and possess strong creative abilities and excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Able to work with higher levels of management in the firm and work well as part of a team.