Ameresco is actively seeking a Manager, Business Development to manage a small sales team and strategically drive sales of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and advanced technology solutions across multiple market sectors.
- Lead, drive, and manage business development activities and resources to generate business and project opportunities, increase sales, provide on-time and cost-effective delivery of services, and ensure regional goals are attained.
- Achieve annual sales goals for bookings, awards, and proposals.
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies to identify, target, qualify, and secure customers for all Ameresco solutions including energy-as-a-service, performance contract, turnkey construction, and renewable technology project opportunities.
- Formulate marketing and business development forecasts, plans, and activities to increase company presence and customer base in defined markets and achieve regional objectives.
- Manage individual account executives in the assigned geography to ensure the accomplishment of sales goals.
- Develop, manage, and execute individual and regional sales pipelines.
- Serve as the key point of contact and represent Ameresco in key client engagements.
- Oversee the successful development, organization, strategic positioning, preparation, technical analysis, and issuance of winning proposals and presentations.
- Review project submittals for quality assurance, technical accuracy, competitiveness, and customer-oriented solutions.
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project proposals, contract terms, and project finance options.
- Work with local engineering manager to effectively manage organizational and team resources to achieve regional business objectives.
- Coordinate the development interface with project management and operations teams to assure customer satisfaction.
- Provide hands-on leadership, planning, and management of procurement, contract administration, construction, and commissioning resources to assure total quality and project delivery on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Plan, budget, track, and effectively manage organizational and team resources to achieve regional business objectives.
- Formulate successful strategies to increase project development and construction activities and ensure annual goals are attained.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and protocols.
- Cultivate positive and effective customer and business relationships.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in sustainability, engineering, economics, finance, or business.
- Minimum 8 years progressive local experience marketing commodity consulting services, energy efficiency, or renewable technology, including the ability to identify customer energy needs, effectively communicate energy solutions, and position Ameresco as the provider of choice.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced Education (i.e., MS, MBA) preferred.
- Proven successful business development experience cultivating, developing, and securing customers and projects in the South or Southwestern US.
- Demonstrated sales track record, including executive business decision-maker contacts, C-level sales, advanced negotiation, deal structuring, and sales contract experience.
- Proven ability to analyze and pre-qualify customer value.
- Superior financial planning, budgeting, organizational, and resource management abilities.
- Proven experience influencing and leading sales and project development teams in the Southern US to meet company and business goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, technical, and computer communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, people, and business relationships.
- Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by the state of residence.
- Travel required.