This position will play a leadership role for the Business Applications which are used in Terumo. This role partners with all departments and IT to design and actively maintain the Business systems. This role will manage end user support, training, reporting assistance and process documentation to internal customers. This individual must be able to work across multiple functional and technical groups, educate technical and non-technical stakeholders, effectively manage expectations, facilitate negotiations and help establish department priorities. The role is expected to drive project delivery within established timeframes, budget and scope while delivering business value and simultaneously planning for and managing future requirements. It is expected that the manager, will sell, evangelize and motivate business users and technical support teams / vendors to contribute time to the effort while reinforcing the role of the business application solutions delivery for the business. This individual will work closely with key users and lead the governance process for changes to systems architecture based on business needs.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, staffing and directing the application systems analysis and programming activities in all aspects of systems development maintenance, and software systems acquisition and support
- Evaluates, prioritizes and assigns user requests for applications modifications and automation projects
- Monitors all projects to ensure successful completion and compliance with standards
- Evaluates and develops procedures to improve departmental operations; directs preparation of documentation
- Responsible to follow requirements of applicable national and international regulations; including but not limited to, software control and validation
- Maintain and follow Terumo Quality System requirements
- Interface with all business groups to establish a priority listing and gain an understanding of needs
- Manage new application requests and updates to existing application
- Interface between applications requested by other functions
- Communicate, co-ordinate and prioritize projects with IT by establishing an IT priority list of requests.
- Track and maintain status update of all projects with regular reports to the IT group.
- Manage Business application Help Desk and respond to end user support tickets. Escalate tickets to appropriate individuals as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Preferred Technology Exposure: KoFax, OnBase, Tungsten, Optio, SQL, Citrix, Crystal Reports, Sharepoint, Windows, Hyperion, OBIEE, OpenScan, Coveo, Kyriba, Perfect Forms, Varsity Logistics, Esker, MobileFrame
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and internal controls (construction/service industry preferred)
- Phenomenal analytical and problem-solving skills; drive to do things the right way and ability to prioritize/triage constantly evolving user needs
- Application testing change and release management discipline
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to present to users and management (including the ability to communicate technical information to “non-technical” users)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, proficient in Excel
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of Business Applications
- Customer service oriented and management experience
- Previous experience providing training/support
- Demonstrated ability to manage the work of a team, including team members reporting into other functional areas
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Bachelordegree in computer information systems, management information systems or closely related field
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Data Warehouse and Business Application portfolio
- 5-7 years of business experience in any of the following areas: Corporate Financial Reporting, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis or Planning Systems