Our firm has achieved significant growth and is regularly recognized as a Best Place to Work both nationally and locally in our communities. We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm that takes pride in our people, culture, clients and work-life balance.
Manager, Business Analyst IV&V
Background & Skillset
- 3 to 5 years of experience on an IV&V team on a large software implementation(s) at a large state government entity.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a functional analyst role on a large software implementation(s) at a large state government entity; experience with an IV&V vendor is a plus.
- Experience writing functional/business requirements and/or functional design specifications.
- Experience with project management and SDLC processes, and specifically requirements management, risk management and issue management.
- Experience with a requirements management process from requirements confirmation through design, build, system testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience with functional testing on a large system implementation; experience with UAT a plus.
- Experience with a State agency a plus.
- Knowledge of change management and organizational alignment is a plus.
- Knowledge of data analysis, cleansing, transformation, loading and confirmation is a plus.
- Strong oral communications and technical writing skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Must be based in Austin.
Role & Responsibilities
- Become familiar with the functional project scope, use cases and requirements for a specific area of functional scope (e.g. a legacy system being replaced) for a large systems implementation.
- Monitor SDLC activity related to delivering the assigned scope, including requirements confirmation sessions, design sessions, and testing sessions; provide real-time observations (as appropriate) on requirements traceability and any risks/issues.
- Review all software vendor deliverables (e.g. design specifications) for the assigned functional scope area for accuracy, completeness and correctness; confirm decisions from SDLC meetings and previous deliverables are included and correct.
- Monitor project activity related to any SDLC process assigned (e.g. data conversion), providing real-time observations as appropriate, and documenting issues/risks for the IV&V team based on industry standards and best practices.
- Contribute observed strengths, issue and risks for inclusion in all IV&V team deliverables (e.g. Monthly Reports).
- Draft content that will be included in our IV&V team’s assessment deliverables, including short write-up on risks and issues.