Responsible for developing all sales reporting and analysis in the assigned Business Unit. Works in conjunction with Field Sales team, under the direction of the Business Unit Operations Director (BUOD) in the assigned geographic area. Analyzes and reports on field sales programs, monthly Business Unit sales and wholesaler/retailer opportunities. Compiles Scorecards and detailed reports for monthly Business Unit sales. Creates and updates presentation materials for wholesaler, Business Unit and Corporate Meetings.
- Establishes, develops, and conducts all BU data reporting processes. Collaborates with entire Fields Sales team and provides analytics to support Constellation’s sales initiatives for internal and external customers. Develops and circulates a template of reports recapping data analysis and assists in communicating those results/opportunities to Business Unit leadership and field sales personnel.
- Works in conjunction with Key Account Managers to capture all Constellation portfolio authorizations / distribution mandates by retailer as well as identifies all distribution voids via internal data reporting. Leads Business Unit Chain communication process coordinating all critical aspects of BU Chain department such as monthly ad features and new distribution updates and disseminates to Constellation field sales and wholesaler organizations. Develops and provides distribution and velocity forecasts.
- Partners with the Sales Enablement Team and Insights and Analytics Team in the development and completion of wholesaler and key market data analysis; benchmarking; and scorecard reporting on results and standings utilizing tools such as depletions, channel analysis, distribution, tactical spend data, Retail Vision results, Retail Standards, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence tool ‘IQ’, CPGN, IRI, and Beer Institute data. Compares actual results to objectives on a monthly, trimester and calendar year basis. Develops and circulates a template of reports recapping data analysis and assists in communicating those results/opportunities to wholesalers and field sales personnel.
- Under the direction of the BUOD, responsible for the gathering and input of information and sales data for the monthly BU Results Meeting, including ad hoc sales data. Develops reporting capabilities to support BU Inventory Management activities and assists with product allocations. Reviews trends with BUOD on a monthly basis.
- Under the general direction of the BUOD, prepares and provides information and analysis for the BU monthly sales forecast process by utilizing IQ data, wholesaler generated forecasts, trend analysis, price promotion history and any other criteria impacting sales trends for the forecast period.
- Trains and coaches the field sales organization in the utilization of The BAR data and reports. Assists in the on-boarding and training of new hires. Conducts periodic field market visits with BU Field Sales employees to evaluate business from wholesaler and retailer perspective and applies insights to analysis and Field support projects.
- Pulls and analyzes data in support of determining ROI for incentives and programming.
- Develops presentation materials for wholesaler meetings, BU sales meetings, Key Account Buyer calls, wholesaler presentations/meetings, National Accounts, BU Chain business, and Corporate requests.
- Maintain chain hierarchies for key accounts within IQ and maintains and troubleshoots all reporting for the field Sales employees within the Business Unit to ensure accuracy. Will assist in validating year end data for Sales incentive plans for submission to Compensation team.
- Builds templates that include marketing objectives, marketing support, IRI data, etc. that result in specific customization for wholesaler/market/region presentations for major promotional periods i.e., Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc.
- Functions as the BU liaison and subject matter expert in support of several key initiatives and reporting systems including, but not limited to: Wholesaler/Key Account Annual Business Plans, RSS data collection, IQ, IRI (solid working knowledge), Authorization Mandate Monitor, Ad View, and Incentive Trackers.
- Completes other projects and tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years’ experience working in a sales/market analysis position. Consumer goods experience preferred, alcohol beverage industry experience a plus.
- Must have previous experience with coordinating and analyzing sales data from data collection to the end product of a persuasive sales presentation based on the data.
- Must have knowledge and experience with business information reporting tools, especially MicroStrategy. Demonstrated ability to learn internal software applications and specialized customer tools as required.
- Proficient with software to include Excel (at an expert level), PowerPoint, Word and e-mail programs.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time on a computer for extended periods, Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location Stamford, Connecticut
Job Type Full time
Job Area Sales
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn