The Manager of SEM and PPC Media is responsible for planning and executing high-impact search marketing and performance-driven media for the entire portfolio of brands. A person in this role is expected to have a strong background and working knowledge of the search marketing space, with a heavy emphasis on the impact within broader digital marketing ecosystems, and an understanding of available digital media research and measurement methodologies and tools. The role requires someone who is adept at distilling the science of data and media to digestible insights that can power a positive ripple effect for our brand marketing and sales efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, implement, optimize and deliver paid campaigns across all brand SEM and affiliate or PPC-based partnership media.
- Ensure that paid search and related campaigns are in-line with performance goals and adhering to industry best-practice at all times.
- Collaborate closely with creative, data, social and brand teams to set and execute strategies.
- Contribute to industry POVs for that can be used for knowledge-building among the wider Digital Marketing team as well as cross-functional Sales and Marketing teams.
- Build close and strong partnerships with platform vendors.
- Build testing roadmaps that help push innovative thinking forward.
- Confidently and convincingly present strategic recommendations and analysis within external and internal organization settings.
- Budget and performance goals are monitored daily.
- Reports and presentations are delivered to the highest level of quality, accuracy and integrity.
- Billing is reconciled in a timely fashion.
- Relevant daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks ensuring that all campaigns are executed to plan.
- Provide training and management for junior strategists.
- Contribute in building and sustaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- 4+ years of Paid SEM experience, directly managing large scale, complex paid search campaigns.
- Deep understanding of Paid Search campaign management and optimization practices.
- Extremely proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Ads, Bing Ads and bid management platforms.
- Excellent analytical skills, including technical knowledge, with the ability to identify and communicate how trends and insights impact performance.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to make strategic decisions and recommendations and lead communication for Search at a client and vendor level.
- In-depth budget management experience, from an account to campaign/tactic level.
- Understanding of Display, SEO, Social and Attribution plus their influence on Paid Search.
- Passionate about the digital industry, media trends, search behavior.
- Experience managing direct reports preferred; delegating work, completing trainings, setting best practices and providing regular feedback.
- Must be proactive and focused, detail-oriented, self-motivated, results-driven, and able to manage multiple. priorities and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think creatively, critically, in order to bring the best and new ideas forward.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills