This position is responsible for the execution of ongoing and evolving Social Media and Public Relations strategy. The position supports corporate and brand objectives through coordination with the cross functional teams; will also help develop a business vision for PR and social media and identify opportunities and important trends.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities. Advises best practices to implement programming within social media sphere.
- Coordinates with marketing and creative teams to align goals and ensure smooth and timely implementation of content programs.
- Functions as a managing editor for social media, coordinating with internal teams to create content calendars as well as implement campaigns, posts, tweets, updates, etc.
- May manage and maintain brand pages on consumer social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- May identify key bloggers and influencers; helps cultivate blogger relationships and enhance digital campaigns.
- Develops and implements tactical social media initiatives, such as sweepstakes, for customer acquisition and retention.
- Tracks and monitors the success of PR and social media initiatives and provide reports to management.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with national, regional and digital media contacts.
- Supports brands international expansion and media coverage.
- Responsible or oversees the clipping, scanning and saving of press placements for the brand, including charity coverage.
- Responsible for compiling credit information for media placements.
- Responsible for the PR placement log for fashion and charity coverage.
- Manages PR sample process with merchants.
- Oversees the tracking of PR samples between NSSC and media outlets for press requests, look book shoots and press events.
- Educates internal partners and colleagues about PR and social media, new trends and best practices.
- Promotes and evangelizes PR and social media activities internally.
- BS Degree, Marketing, PR, Communications or similar field
- 5+ years' experience in Public relations, social media, media, or communications experience
- Strong writing, media relations, verbal communication and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, Windows XP, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with digital media (video and photography), as well as social media platforms, programs, techniques, functionality, custom applications and blog platforms
- Excellent organizing and planning skills
- Confidentiality and the ability to manage sensitive information is a priority in this role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concordant tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills