The Manager, Brand Development will be accountable for developing the brand innovation and communication strategies for a product grouping within Home Fragrance to build consumer demand and market share, grounded in deep consumer, product, and market understanding.
Brand Development Managers develop brand strategy, pricing strategy, innovation, product portfolio management and brand communication plans, sometimes with the assistance of direct reports.
- Responsible for Brand Strategy to drive key brands, categories and portfolio category initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target consumers.
- Acts as a brand champion across the business. Drives product packaging projects to be consistent with product communications hierarchy and brand(s) standards. Works collaboratively with Design Center to participate in global design initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with R&D and Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) to develop and recommend a brand &/or category innovation strategy, including role of sustaining and breakthrough innovation, new categories, and new market spaces. Includes innovation in brand communication, business model or strategic partnership.
- Participates in annual brand planning process to set a fully integrated marketing plan and programming utilizing the full marketing mix of advertising, promotions, and trade, working with the Brand Activation and Trade Marketing teams.
- Analyzes shopper insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for key SKUs or categories. Applies price modeling information to manage price. Utilizes product, pack configurations and brand architecture to exploit price ladder.
- Sets clear objectives and prioritizes initiatives for direct reports. Assigns clear projects and tasks and coaches and develops their skills. Performs semi-annual performance reviews for team members.
- Four-year college degree, MBA preferred
- 4-6 years of equivalent brand marketing experience, preferably with a global consumer-packaged goods company.
- Experience translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans
- Proven success in executing a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
- Recommending pricing strategies and guardrails, and managing price to extract maximum value.
- Has successfully launched new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success. Has managed a product portfolio.
- Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team.