Manager Bioinformatics, Sequencing (Eric Wang) - RT
San Jose, California 95103
- Manager, Bioinformatics is a full-time position, primarily responsible for providing leadership and management of a team of data scientists responsible for bioinformatics, statistical data analysis, and algorithm development in a cutting edge clinical bioinformatics department.
- Principal responsibilities include:
- Lead development of new algorithms and processes used by bioinformatics team primarily focused on large sets of genomic data both in raw and analyzed forms
- Management of bioinformatics projects and teams of data scientists and software developers specializing in raw data/image analysis, bioinformatics tools and pipelines
- Novel algorithm design and development for complex genetic datasets
- Development and automation of statistical analysis tools
- Experimental design input for research as well as clinical studies
- Working with senior R&D members on assay design
- Assistance with development and evaluation of data pipeline
- Frequent interaction with members from the development team
- Keeping company officers well informed of progress, problems and opportunities, and
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Masters/Ph.D. in Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, or related field.
2. Experience leading a diverse team of bioinformaticians, mathematicians, and software developers.
3. Eight years’ professional experience in Bioinformatics. Knowledge of medical device manufacturing or diagnostics industries preferred.
4. Demonstrated understanding of Bioinformatics quality and regulatory principles.
5. ExperiencewithISO13485 and CE marked products and or CLIA laboratory LIMS systems desired.
6. Present Salary
7. Salary Expectation
8. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
9. Current Address