Req ID: 28788
Location: McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a key leader within the Finance and Accounting team, the Manager, Billing & Revenue for Intelsat GeneralCorporation takes on the responsibility for managing the recording, reporting and invoicing of all of IGC revenue—over $300M annually. In support of the Controller, this role will ensure that revenue is reported in accordance withUS Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and retain a broad-based knowledge of our business operations by maintaining cross-functional business relationships in order to provide additional assurance that adequate financial controls are in place. This position also assumes business ownership for maintaining theDynamics SL billing and revenue systems and the appropriate reporting for Intelsat's financial accounting and data warehouse systems.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Manage the reporting of revenue to parent company and ensure the accuracy of the revenue in the ERP system MS Dynamics
- Manage the staff that perform customer billing functions associated with established contracts and agreements, in compliance with US government CLIN structure and conventions and have responsibility fro managing DSO to ensure low bad debt reserves.
Can you drive these processes?
- Billing for IGC, Revenue calculations for IGC including contract set up in our ERP, assist in questions from sales and executives on revenue recognition topics
- Business owner for bank reconciliations
- Assume leadership of collaboration efforts with stakeholders from contracts, finance, accounting, sales and program managers for the correct configuration of all projects from Sales Force to Dynamics SL.
- Responsible for ad hoc analysis and reconciliation of revenue and billing for both internal and external customers.
- Develop, implement and modify processes for specific accounting functions/rules related to direct projects and revenue.
- Develop and implement effective productivity measures for direct reports by developing automated applications, eliminating duplications and coordinating information requirements.
You should definitely have:
- US Citizenship is required
- Bachelors' degree, Accounting degree preferred, CPA preferred
- 8-10 years of revenue recognition experience and GAAP compliance
- Experience with government contracts and CLIN structures
- 5+ years of proven leadership skills/management experience
- Advanced excel analytical and communication skills
- Process improvement skills
- Ability to work under pressure on simultaneous tasks to meet deadlines
It would be nice if you had:
- CPA or other advanced accounting degree
- Month-end close process experience, including preparing reports for auditors
- Experience reviewing ERP reports and functionality and making it better
- Think outside the box skills
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byemployees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- This role is subject to ITAR
- Candidates must be a US Citizens
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply now »