The Billing Manager is responsible for assisting the Director in daily operations of the Billing functions. The Manager is responsible for guiding the staff in their day to day responsibilities which includes mentoring and training them as needed.
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
- Ensures that third party billing is submitted correctly Assures that payer claim rejections are corrected and filed. Monitors payor response for timely completion and trends; communicates trends and engages other departments in establishing processes to prevent the delay
- Oversees payment window processes to ensure timely completion, escalates delays and assures the process is completed according to the payment window compliance policies and procedures.
- Implement appropriate billing edits, bridge routines, etc. to ensure a clean claim is submitted, expedite billing/cash flow and/or ensure billing compliance
- Assures compliance with billing policies and procedures
- Assists the Billing Director in establishing and monitoring productivity standards, quality improvement and direct staff in meeting department goals
- Assists the Billing Director in preparing timely month-end closing activities
- Identify staffing needs and communicate those needs to the Billing Director
- Monitors eRequest and CRT aging accounts and escalates as needed to appropriate department for resolution.
- Monitors payer communications and responses to identify trends for process improvements, department education or Relay Assurance edits and bridge routines.
- Mentors staff and Team Leads for career development.
- Assures that all provider enrollments are timely and accurate for all carriers
- Manages edits and provides monthly edit statistics
- Screen, interview, and hire new employees
- Arrange for the training of new employees
- Review each staff member’s productivity on a monthly basis and perform annual evaluations
- Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
- Work as a liaison between the Billing staff and other SSC staff
- Conduct monthly staff meetings
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements.
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.