PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The position is responsible for managing the activities of analysts and developers delivering enterprise data warehouse and reporting solutions. Working closely with FMC clinical, business and IT colleagues, this experienced development manager is responsible for project management, analysis, design, development and on-going support for assigned programs and projects. This manager is also a key member of the architecture and design team for enterprise warehousing and reporting initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, mentor and lead assigned team members. Oversee and assess development of staff and their performance.
- Work as a BI team to identify information needed to support operational and business improvement initiatives. Provide leadership in building the solutions to support these initiatives.
- Managing BI releases, BI Solution Engineering and development team members to ensure success of the BI projects, quality and support.
- Monitor and resolve conflicting demands of users and align work of assigned staff with agreed upon priorities.
- Ensure high quality technical design and development. Implement processes, procedures, standards and best practices from system and technology perspective.
- Participate in and/or lead projects to ensure performance and scalability of BI solutions.
- Provide input and experience on the architecture, design and evolution of FMCNA enterprise warehouse and information delivery solutions, including tool selection, migration strategies, and risk mitigation.
- Coordinate with peers from other clinical and IT groups to ensure successful design, planning and completion of programs and projects.
- Provide assessment of personnel and other personnel matters, including hiring of skilled personnel, training, performance management and annual reviews.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Multi-city data warehouse and reporting group of analysts, developers and operations staff of 8-12 FTEs and contractors.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of [insert department/function name] staff.
Candidate must have MS in Computer/Health Information Systems and/or MBA with concentration in Information Technology, or a BS in a related field and significant development and managerial experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 of years in design, development and deployment of BI solutions, preferably 5 years in a management role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in detailed design of warehouse data models, including dimensional modeling and multi-dimensional (OLAP/ROLAP/MOLAP) databases
- Enterprise warehouse and reporting experience in health-care or medical setting strongly preferred, including strong knowledge of applicable standards and methodologies
- Experience in one or more of Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, Business Objects, LogiXML, Java, Angular; working knowledge / awareness in all of these tools is required.
- Knowledgeable in design, development and deployment of web-based applications, including the role of these applications in an enterprise BI architecture
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving and analytic skills across clinical, business and IT communities
- Hands-on project managementexperience, including the use of agile/iterative methods in warehousing/BI solutions.
Job ID 18000EWH