The DSRIP Manager, Psych Clinical Services is accountable for the clinical and financial operation of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis. This job ensures effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of the clinical areas’ strategic and operational plans, openly support and consistently communicate mission of the unit/department and the organization.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of Quality Improvement activities, and utilizes Performance Improvement data to initiate changes which improve services.
- Develops, recommends, implements, reviews, and revises appropriate policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget. Maintains accountability to include adequate and appropriate staffing patterns, supplies, equipment and physical facilities to meet the patients’ needs.
- Manages process of selecting, hiring, and terminating personnel within the Department.
- Evaluates staff work performance, counsels’ staff, and initiates disciplinary actions when indicated.
- Facilitates and provides time for staff education, including service specific and hospital mandated in-service programs.
- Functions as a clinical resource for staff demonstrating skill in working with psychiatric patients of all ages and developing accurate assessments and treatment plans.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels, Supervises and evaluates staff. Monitors staff compliance with competency based orientation and annual re-evaluation of skills.
- Communicates with physicians on a regular basis to promote effective and efficient operations within the department.
- Plans schedule and organize work ensuring proper distribution and delegation of assignments.
- Maintains timely, effective communications with the department leadership regarding all events or proposed changes which might impact regulatory issues, census variance, policies or procedures.
- Provides a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and specific nursing care to the patients.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a professional school of Nursing.
- 3 plus years of progressively responsible professional nursing experience in assigned area.
- 1 plus years of experience as a team lead, supervisor or manager.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current RN licensure by State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners or proof of license reciprocity.
- Certification in Non-Aggressive Crisis Management; must be obtained while in orientation and maintained throughout employment.
- BCLS certification required but must be obtained subsequent to hire.
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing certification; must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
Req #: 5997