Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue torevolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manages the beverage operations accounting function as directed. Ensures the beverage accounting function meets Ball Corporation’s overall business plans and objectives.
- Supervises plant contacts and coordinates with plant controllers to ensure monthly closing tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Updates FASTR reports as needed for monthly closing.
- Ensures monthly sales volume reports are accurate and reconciled to plant reports and general ledger.
- Ensures standard cost of sales and standard cost of goods produced dollars for each plant are accurate to standard costs.
- Processes monthly journal entries as needed at both consolidated and plant level (allocations).
- Ensures clearing accounts and departments are cleared during monthly close.
- Reviews balance sheet accounts for reasonableness during monthly close.
- Reviews reconciliations of material division level balance sheet accounts quarterly (sales reversal, ODM accrual, brokered, storeroom, and storeroom reserve).
- Reviews monthly reconciliations and deferred variance calculations from plant contacts for completeness and accuracy.
- Assists with analysis of non-metal manufacturing variances each month for monthly reporting.
- Supervises plant contacts and coordinates with multiple departments within the beverage division to ensure timely and accurate calculation and upload of the annual plan and quarterly re-forecasts, including generation of standard costing for subsequent year.
- Acts as a primary liaison to internal and external auditors each quarter and at year-end for financial and SOX related audit requests.
- Oversees and analyzes brokered product accounts including sales, cost of sales, variances, and freight, and approves invoices for brokered product.
- Compiles and analyzes monthly EBIT re-forecasts from plant controllers.
- Provides daily support to plant controllers to resolve issues with JD Edwards One World manufacturing accounting, inventory costing and control, bill of material setup, new item setup, and problem resolution.
- Provides support for JD Edwards One World manufacturing system and assists withenhancement projects.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education in Accounting
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA/CMA preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and integrated manufacturing systems, preferably JD Edwards.
- Ability to analyze financial results and effectively communicate findings to management.