- Supports the planning and implementation of Ross/dd’s best practices to improve chain business practices, efficiency, and execution. Instrumental in supporting Best Practice and Method Improvement projects.
- Develops and implements training strategy and approach for all major company roll outs
- Executes ad hoc projects as needed by the business or directed by executives
- Represents field point of view and provides operational input to the Best Practice and Method Improvement teams. Recommends best approach to ensure strong execution. Attends meetings, conducts status updates with key partners and follows up on action items
- Develops and recommends effective communication strategies and communicates the rollout of new programs to stores for efficient adoption. Partners with Store Communications to translate concepts into communications with effective layout and design, language and tone for the intended audience.
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Planning and Organizing
- Dealing with Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Four-year college degree in business or relevant field
- 5 years’ experience required
- Proficient knowledge of store operations and how other operating areas impact stores
- Strong Customer focus. Anticipates customer needs and takes action to meet them; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction and improve process
- Ability to successfully influence and drive results through cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from creation to implementation to maintenance
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently with minimal direction
- Proven ability to think strategically and determine impact of decisions on the business
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Advance proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Associate Analyst, Best Practices