Summary of Position
Dollar Tree, the nations largest retailer by store count, is actively seeking an experienced Human Resources leader to manage our robust, high-quality benefits programs as the Manager of Benefits. The manager will utilize their extensive knowledge to provide oversight over the administration of Dollar Tree’s benefit plans, deliver impactful results by ensuring goals are achieved and drive initiatives that will promote Associate wellness and are compliant with industry regulations.
The Manager of Benefits is a highly visible position and reports directly to the Benefits Director. The ideal candidate has strong analytical, scheduling and project-planning skills that possess a long-term vision of the company’s benefits objectives. They will provide insightful guidance to the benefits team and make substantial contributions that will improve efficiencies and deliverables across the organization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Plans the initiatives and strategies to align the benefits program with the company’s philosophy and business objectives.
· Recommends strategies to support the benefits program related to benefits trends, legislative requirements and recommends new or improved benefits plans consistent with marketplace practices.
· Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
· Exercises decision-making and analysis of various conditions and circumstances affecting eligibility, continuation of benefits and tracking of leave and premium payments for Associates meeting FMLA eligibility requirements.
· Utilize qualitative and quantitative analyses to inform and drive benefit-related recommendations, ensuring the overall benefits program effectively meets the organization’s goals.
· Presents benefit initiatives to the HR community credibly by keeping apprised of market developments and aligning them with the HR strategy.
Administration & Regulation
· Leads the implementation of the medical, pharmacy, dental, life, disability, retirement and vision programs.
· Ensures compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including ensuring plan design meets mandatory requirements and tracking of Associate hours to ensure coverage is being appropriately offered.
· Oversees the preparation and execution of annual enrollment and monthly ACA enrollment, including testing the electronic enrollment system, reviewing and updating the communications plan and tracking completion progress.
· Maintains a current working knowledge of benefit legislation, industry standards and best practices.
· Stays informed on most recent changes in healthcare reform and modify processes and plan designs to ensure compliance.
· Ensures timely action of benefit transactions to limit liability, risk and financial obligations of the company, including collection of late payments, employee premium deficiencies, etc.
· Works to identify and agree on priorities based on business context, local legislation and HR priorities.
· Contributes to the design, development and review of employee communications regarding health, welfare and retirement benefits including development of benefits training, forms and summaries, new hire orientation, Summary Plan Descriptions and updates to the benefits website to assist Associates with understanding our benefits.
· Performs as liaison between benefit vendors and Associates to ensure adherence to plan provisions and to resolve issues or to reconcile claims.
· Identifies and drives projects and initiatives to improve the efficiency and quality of the benefits program.
· Provides guidance and assistance to Associates relative to the policies, practices and procedures affecting their benefit eligibility and entitlements.
· Manages, coaches and develops the benefits team including more junior members of the team.
· Ensures line mangers and the wider HR community understand and utilize available benefit tools.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· 5-7 years related experience
· Multi-state benefit experience
· Project management skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Work well in a team-oriented environment
· Achievement of CEBS and SHRM benefits certification
· Experience with Lawson HRIS/Payroll System
· Experience with Benefit Focus System
Auto Req ID