Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers employee benefit programs, including designing and implementing communication strategies and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Validates all Payroll deductions, and audits all billing from carriers, ensuring accurate adjustments.
- Audits self funded plan for medical billing
- Tracks and approves all leave time for employees, on self funded STD plan
- Ability and experience in creating and managing formal Project Plans
- Highly detail oriented and efficiently manages work flow and deadlines, performs short and long term planning
- Makes policy and program recommendations, and recommends/initiates new approaches, policies and procedures to support continuous improvement in Benefits, wellness and total rewards. Documents procedures and policies.
- Analyzes, plans, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive employee wellness program, designed to improve employee wellness and safety and address rising medical and workers' compensation costs.
- Analyzes, plans, implements, and evaluates employee recognition programs.
- Manages the Performance Review process.
- Plays a critical role in the due diligence process and comprehensive review of all compensation and benefit plans for new ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Consults with internal Human Resources Business partners, as well as department heads and management, to assess benefits, compensation, incentives and compliance needs.
- Provides education, mentoring and training to HR staff on processes and professional practices within the total rewards process.
- Arranges brown bag lunches, flu shots and monthly wellness communication.
- Develops pay banding tiers at all levels within organization using benchmark data and market analysis in conjunction with the Global Head of Human Resources.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation and benefit programs and identifying opportunities to better enable the company to improve employee engagement, facilitate proactive and effective messaging and cadence as well as support the company’s growth and strategic plan.
- Develops and sustains total rewards communication initiatives.
- Reinforce a performance culture with differentiated rewards.
- Analyzes employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, disability, leave of absences, global pension and 401K plans. Recommends and implements changes.
- In Partnership with the Vice President of Human Resources manages our benefits vendor relationships, and benefits contracts.
- Act as a 401k fiduciary team member.
- Evaluate competitor compensation and benefits packages.
- Creating policies and procedures applicable for total reward programs including employee recognition programs and service awards.
- Proactively monitoring all regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., reporting, disclosure, procedures) for compensation and benefits programs
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Human Resources analyze the company benefits and compensation programs, policies, and structures. Recommends and implements changes.
- Administers compensation programs, including salary structure adjustments, merit and incentive pay and equity programs, designing, implementing communication strategies and ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines, and other aspects of the compensation program.
- Ensures that safety committee meetings, first aid kits and all items saftey are addressed at each location.
Education, Skills and Experience
· Strong attention to detail
· Problem solving abilities
· Ability to bring organization and order to many moving parts
· Good communicator
· In depth functional knowledge of contemporary and best HR practices and processes in the area of benefits, performance and reward management
- Expertise in designing compensation and benefits plans, as well as negotiating and administering healthcare and retirement plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred, but not required.
- The ideal candidate has subject matter expertise and a minimum of 5+ years of related experience Strong knowledge of tax, corporate finance, regulatory and accounting requirements in order to administer effective compensation programs.
- An ability to influence; and work across all levels of an organization.
- Collaborative business style to work effectively across the organization, and with external trusted partners and employees.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions.
- Superior analytical skills and understanding of human resource and financial issues and best practices.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Excellent planning, time management, decision-making, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Solid Microsoft Office Word skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze, listen, clarify, solve problems and work independently is essential.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously critical to the success of this role.
- Ability to think strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
- Leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a 'hands-on' role.
- Ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and effective messages.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels.
- Goal oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.
- Must have a “Can-Do” attitude, roll up sleeves and pitch in work ethic!