I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has 24-hour oversight and accountability for the inpatient unit(s) and outpatient area(s) of the Medical Center’s Behavioral Health Services, including administrative, clinical and operational management, consistent with the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization.
• Develops, establishes, and monitors plans and activities to ensure;
o Delivery of high-quality patient care and services.
o Effective planning and coordination of resources.
o Compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
o Achievement of goals and objectives.
• Participates in the long-term planning of assigned unit(s) and area(s).
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Frequent: sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates telephones, patient care devices, computers, surgical equipment, copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Master's degree in Nursing, Social Work, Health Care Administration or other related field preferred.
• Current Hawaii license as Registered Nurse.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• Minimum five (5) years as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility with inpatient psychiatric experience.
• Two (2) years supervisory/leadership experience.