The Manager, Back Office Processing is expected to maximize the net recovery from assigned portfolios of non-performing loans. You will support the Bank’s risk management strategies though effective management of the Bankruptcy Claim Processing, Credit Counselling, Right of Offset Processing and Small Business and Retail Overdraft Chargeback, reputational risk matters by ensuring the effective management of the national portfolios and corresponding direct reports.
1. Contribute to the overall and efficiency of the unit by maximizing net recoveries of accounts in assigned portfolio by:
- Leading the review and assignment of non-performing accounts for third party recovery.
- Providing close monitoring of events affecting the resolution of assigned accounts and referring offside conditions to the Senior Manager with recommendations.
- Examining possible recovery methods, the related costs, and potential recoveries.
- Monitoring efforts of outside resources through direct contact with solicitors, agents, receivers, consultants, realtors, as required.
- Within authorized limits on files where no further recovery is anticipated, write the balance out of record. Where balance exceeds limits, provide recommendation to the Sr. Manager, Back Office Processing.
- Within authorized limits, review and accept/decline settlement offers. Where balance exceeds limits, provide recommendation to the Senior Manager Administration/Receivables.
- Within authorized limits, file Proof of Claims on bankrupt and credit counseling accounts. Where balance exceeds limits, provide recommendation to the Sr. Manager, Back Office Processing.
- Responsible for recording indirect payments and ensuring appropriate commissions are paid.
2. Contribute to the orderly administration of the National Collection Centre by:
- Actinging as a Subject Matter Expert in all inquiries relating to assigned portfolio of account by responding to inquiries and providing guidance and consultation to all stakeholders and product lines
- Developing and implementing strategies that ensure effective processing of all assignments to third party suppliers.
3. Lead and develop a team by:
- Championing an environment that promotes employee satisfaction, team leadership, team focus, and relationship building.
- Providing coaching and guidance to direct reports around performance management
- Providing consistent and proactive communication upward and downward, both verbal and written
- Ensuring service is conducted in a consistent manner using application of established Service Standards
- Establishing annual objectives that effectively support and closely align with those of the customer and stakeholders
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Collections experience is considered an asset
- Expert knowledge of retail credit policies and related operating procedures.
- Proven communication skills, oral and written, as well as sound negotiation skills to effectively handle inquiries, escalated calls or customer complaints.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment with strict service standards and diversity of programs
- Must be organized and be an effective decision maker to meet the demands of a high volume environment
Requisition ID: 21888