We are looking for a hands-on QA Automation Manager that will be responsible for leading QA Automation Testing efforts across Hertz programs, as well as for building out and managing a Team of QA Automation Engineers. The Automation Manager is responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic directions to the organization to Implement end-to-end automation Solutions including tools analysis & Selection, automation assessments, building strategies / roadmaps, implementing Automation and Devops solutions
Key Result Areas
- Perform gap analysis of current Automation practices and frameworks across programs, identify best solution to standardize the framework across organization
- Build Holistic Test Automation Strategy and perform assessments of the current automation state for each program to improve.
- Strategize& introduce, implement and Evangelize standard automation frameworks to support integration, web service and GUI testing across Programs
- Mentor & Train automation testing team to automate tests and test harnesses for application and services under test
- Writing and reviewing Automation test strategies, test plans and test scripts based and/or product requirements
- Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of applications and products
- Interact with developers, QA members and technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing
- Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions
- Participate in efforts to share testing technologies and expertise within the company
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or experience in a systems development and/or Automation role.
- Expertise in establishing the automation architecture and providing direction on automation techniques. Responsible for the research and implementation of the advanced features of test automation in an agile/scrum environment.
- Define Standards, provide guidelines and implement best practices related to test automation across programs
- To Provide leadership around test techniques or methodologies to support complex or strategic direction for creation of the automation frameworks
- Instrumental in establishing framework for complex programs & creation of end – to -end automation solutions
- Research tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure for Automation
- Drive continuous integration/ continuous delivery approach across programs in collaboration with development leads
- Co-ordinates and manages end to end automation issues related to Test Environment, Application and Tools & Infrastructure
- Support cross program teams on the automation tools and coordinate with the tools vendors for getting necessary support on the automation tools
- Manage Tool Licenses and identify training needs
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Possess technical competency and takes on leadership role to interact with application developers to ensure software quality Job Qualifications
- Ideal candidate who come from the Software Development background and then eventually moved into Automation Test Architect position.
- Overall 10+ years experience within IT Software Industry exposure.
- At least 3-4 Years of hands-on experience within software development background
- Hands-on working knowledge within Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or Automation tests
- Hands-on working knowledge in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks to effectively transition testing to the cloud.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: C#, Java, Python, .NET/Java frameworks
- Expert level hands on experience with UFT and Selenium Web driver using Java
- Understanding of Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
- Experience with testing Web Services
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem-Solving Skills
- Knowledge with mobile automation tools – Mobile Center
- Knowledge of containers, virtualizations and ability to help design and implement computing grids Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to support IT
- Knowledge of Industry best practices like Continuous Integration/ delivery approaches for test automation
- Creative with ability to "think outside the box" for long-term solution
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All offers are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.