Job ID 2018-2188
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. For some positions, we have the flexibility and technology to work from anywhere; whether it’s in the office, at home or at the client site.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Wipfli, LLP is currently seeking candidates for a Audit Manager in our Media, PA or Philadelphia, PA office. This position will be the primary point of contact for specific clients and oversees the accurate and timely execution of audits, reviews and compilations, reviews engagement files and financial statements and communicates results to client and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying and serving the client’s needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects.
- Plan and schedule engagement fieldwork with clients and firm resources.
- Lead and manage audit, review, and compilation engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations.
- Perform detailed reviews of workpapers completed by other associates.
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner.
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables.
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants.
- Develop and attain a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm.
- Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
- Review tax-related information to include tax provisions, depreciation schedules, property tax returns, etc.
- Perform client billing.
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
- Research and communicate with client and firm personnel regarding complex accounting matters.
- Actively participate in community activities and organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and members.
- Complete audit, review, and compilation procedures for complex areas and transactions.
- Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.).
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Requires at least five years of job related experience