Manager, Associate Project Management - Project Management Services
The Manager, AssociateProject Management, PRM, is responsible for oversight Associate Project Managers I and II; and assists with planning, implementation, and evaluation of the AssociateProject Management division of Project Management (PRM). This position may also perform duties associated with the data to day oversight on ongoing clinical trial study projects of a low, moderate and some limited high complexity status. Working closely with the Director of Project Management and the Associate Project Managers will direct activities to meet our client’s specification and ensure quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Direct supervision of Associate Project Managers I and II and their tasks related to clinical trial projects.
- Recruit, select, supervise, coach, develop, and retain talented associates.
- Analyze and record personnel, operational, and study-related metrics.
- Meet with directors and other manager/supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting Project Management and Project Services group as a whole.
- Serves as a direct issue escalation point on low and moderate complexity studies.
- Provides independent oversight for clinical trial projects assigned of a low, moderate, and limited high complexity status, including client meetings and communications, report development and review, issue resolutions, and budget oversight as determined by the Director, Project Management.
- Participates in the handover process between Business Development (BD) and the Project Initiation Services team (PRI), and in the training process of internal staff and handover from PRI to the PM.
- Primary project contact with Sponsors and Contract Research Organizations during the active project phase to ensure appropriate communication channels are maintained and reporting schedules adhered to.
- Translates client requirements into actions for problem solving, issue resolution, or to provide requested information; often requires a creative approach to serving client needs while adhering to internal process and standards.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- BA/BS, preferably in a laboratory science, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a LabConnect APM.
- Clinical Research, Central Lab, and/or Project Managementexperience outside of LabConnect will be considered.
- Certification as an ASCP Medical Technologist, MLT, and/or Registered Nurse is preferred.
- Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint, as well as an aptitude for learning new database software quickly.
- SharePoint and Microsoft Visio experience a plus.