AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Based in Arlington, VA, the Manager of Asset Management is responsible for analyzing multiple aspects of our portfolio enterprise-wide and developing, implementing and maintaining programs to manage them. Areas of focus are asset obligations, compliance, capital expenditures, business relationship management, and some asset specific projects.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work cross-functionally with AvalonBay’s New Development, Redevelopment, Construction, Investments and Legal Groups to ensure vital asset information and documentation is obtained and maintained for the life of the asset after development, redevelopment and acquisition activity. Regularly report on progress to senior management.
- Ensure on-going asset obligations are met by delegating responsibility throughout the organization, recording the responsibilities, facilitating the collection and distribution of relevant information and following up. Contribute to the development of AvalonBay’s platform to track these obligations.
- Ensure AvalonBay’s interests are represented in cost-sharing agreements, HOAs and on-going mixed use development obligations. Analyze financial reports required by agreements. Model options afforded by agreements for investment opportunities.
- Conduct research and analysis to develop methods for evaluating and forecasting asset capital expenditure needs. Ensure capital project information vital to asset preservation and enterprise intelligence is captured from all capital projects.
- Specific asset management assignments as assigned by your manager.
- Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS and at least three years of relevant redevelopment and acquisition workexperience years working in the multi-family/ property management industry. An MBA and prior projectmanagement experience are preferred.
- Our ideal candidate is a leader with the ability to motivate others and work with strong personalities. He or she is a motivated, resourceful team player who can work autonomously and ask for support when needed.
- Ability to manage work load and communicate expectations to third party consultants. Includes managing contracts and invoices.
- Demonstrate full command of all aspects of an asset ranging from financial, risk, and legal to physical and operational.
- Solid analytical skills including problem solving and financial analysis, including strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
AvalonBay conducts drug and background screening for all hires. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable state and federal laws.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID 18451