The incumbent will manage design consultancy work and processes for various newbuild, revitalization and refurbishment projects. They will provide guidance to an in-house team of architects and designers, plus external consultants for the successful execution of these projects. They will also serve as a provider of information and experience from the corporation to the design department, and consultancy firms, ensuring the success of these groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs the primary leadership role for the value of the brand & quality design standards, CADD & drawing standards, SQM processes, and contract references, supporting Architectural Design Manager and Senior Associate leaders through their individual project assignments.
- Performs the primary leadership role for the development of team resources (people, processes, tools) to manage large scale projects, such as time tracking, directory organization, SQM, and others. Independently shares best practices effectively across in-house design team and consultancy firms.
- Brings pro-activeness in creating new methods and processes for better executing the work.
- Creates presentations and project reports as updates for Executive Management review. Must be strong communicator. Exhibits advanced capabilities in written, oral, and graphic media. Represents department and self in a competent professional manner.
- Possesses and instills cost consciousness in all aspects of work and throughout the team. Oversees and is accountable for design administrative hours, expenses (travel, phones, supplies), and others. Is a primary overseer, along with project related Design Manager for the cost control of signage, artwork, and architectural lighting. Instills the value of the practicality reviews and monitors it's effectiveness
- Monitors the effectiveness of execution supervision and yard quality control with foresight via site office architect coordinators / revite space managers. This includes shop drawing review process, participation in yard / contractor coordination meetings, mockup reviews, factory visits and inspections during new building process and dry-dock period.
- Understands importance of growth, and maintaining sponsor / consultant / site office / yard relationships with ability to negotiate critical and controversial issues, managing conflict effectively.
- Attracts, trains, grows, rewards, and retains diverse talent. Provides professional development of staff through mentoring, performance management, and career planning. Effectively communicates the department's values and culture through words and actions.
- Initiates and participates in organization of office activities, and corporate activities. Stays current in industry trends and innovation through research and market knowledge
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Management of multi million dollar projects-up to $10 mil for revitalizations and up to $500 mill. for newbuilds.
- Ability to travelinternationally or domestically 25% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10 ¿ 15 pounds. Visual requirement include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office.
- Minimum 15 years design industry experiencerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years managing multi million dollar projects.
- Minimum cruise ship design management experience of 15 years
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Interior Design required, Architecture degreepreferred.
- Cruise ship newbuild or revitalization project management experiencepreferred.