Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
Less than 5 years
Posted 58 days ago
The MetroHealth System is an essential health system committed to providing health care to everyone in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and improving the health of the community overall. Its 7,500 employees deliver care to everyone at its main campus, just west of downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth locations. It also provides health care at more than 40 additional sites in Cuyahoga County through community partnerships such as the School Health Program.
Responsible for planning, organizing, installing and supporting an assigned group of application systems and all related activity. Schedules and defines application software development and enhancement; is responsible for the overall health and well-being of the applications. Assigns, instructs, directs, and evaluates the work ofassigned staff. Communicates with project sponsor(s) and management concerningstatus of projects. Manages projects and initiatives as needed. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
1. Ensures systems comply with The MetroHealth System policy and procedures, third party, and other regulatory agency requirements.
2. Manages projects. Defines scope, develops project plans and assignments in the enterprise project management application, identifies resource needs, directs and monitors work efforts and escalates issues appropriately.
3. Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed. Follows the projectmanagement process.
4. Overall responsibility for establishing, managing and maintaining strategic relationships with customers. Regularly interacts with functional groups within the organization to communicate and clarify customer requirements. Performs as liaison between end-users, outside vendors, contractors and consultants to define and establish service and support requirements.
5. Provides leadership and mentoring of staff, including recruitment, orientation, training, professional development and performance feedback.
6. Responsible for managing 24/7/365 on-call support.
7. Develops teams. Promotes communication, collaboration, inclusion and diversity, accountability and responsibility within teams. Ensures cross-functional collaboration between teams.
8. Participates in the management and prioritization of requests for service. Responsible for on-schedule delivery of approved service requests.
9. Develops and maintains an understanding of applications within assigned group, knowledgeable of touch points with other applications, interface requirements and infrastructure needs.
10. Accountable for the development, implementation and maintenance of the applications, products and systems assigned to the group. Ensures all hardware and software standards (including versions of Operating System and Database) are met. Ensures that internal and external stakeholders are aware of impacts resulting from changes.
11. Participates in budgeting processes. Recommends items for inclusion in the departmental budget. Manages budgets as necessary.
12. Participates in ongoing IT audits. Responsible for resolving and maintaining findings associated with assigned applications. Ensures systems and programs have proper controls for internal and external audit.
13. Ensures procedural and technical documentation meets IS standards and supportIS processes. (i.e. Run Books, Diagrams, etc.)
14. Participates in educational programs and activities related to industry trends and advances in the field of Information Technology. Maintains job specific certifications, up to date knowledge of information technology and assigned applications.
15. Participates in incident management rotation.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience using or installing systems relative to the assigned area of responsibility.
In lieu of degree, minimum seven years' experience using or installing systems relative to the assigned area of responsibility.
Working knowledge of the technical tools and processes used in hardware and software system design, implementation and troubleshooting.
Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
Demonstrated leadership ability
Excellent project management discipline with a proven track record of meeting aggressive timelines and achieving quality project outcomes
Ability to travel as necessary to support all MetroHealth System sites, to complete and/or maintain required system training and professional development.
Previous supervisory or management experience.
Master's Degree or post graduate studies in related fields.
Professional Certification with assigned application (Epic, OnBase, Lawson or other application certification) or general relevant IS/IT certifications including CPHIMS, CAHIMS or others.
May need to move around intermittently during the day, including sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and ambulating.
May need to remain still for extended periods, including sitting and standing.
Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
Ability to read job related documents.
Ability to use computer.