Are you Mohawk Material? We're the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best MANAGER APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT I professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Works in concert with the Division's Project Managers and consulting group to complete assigned development task; collaborates with IS colleagues to provide direction and advise with regards to applications development and ensures processes and systems are integrated to support expected customer service levels. Responsible for planning and managing all activities within the Application Development team, this includes: multiple applications development, maintenance, and enhancements projects utilizing various new computing architectures and platforms. Provides leadership and direction to diverse project teams consisting of both technical and functional professionals to develop and maintain systems.
- Contributes to the development of business application tactical plans, responsible for the accurate and efficient forecasting and allocations of resources required to meet objectives; manages all aspects of development, installation, maintenance, and enhancement for mission-critical application systems for an assigned unit/area. Evaluates possible solutions and presents feedback to IS colleagues. May perform systems analysis for small project of less complexity.
- Leads and mentors a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer. Provides directions to include staff development and training, budget management, feasibility studies, delegation, project and resources control, teamwork coordination and project team constructive feedback as it pertains to individual, project or overall program performance. Maintains effective, productive and professional working relationship with internal and external customers, third party vendors, project management office, relationship managers, and governance organizations in accomplishing project objectives
- Monitors and reports on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities and committees advising IS senior management and business unit project sponsors accordingly.
- Develop, documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and "lessons learned", including metrics for assessing progress; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices; develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives; proactively seeks opportunities to apply technology to expanding business potential, thereby strongly impacting competitive advantage and profitability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, and
- Comprehensive technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments; emphasis on iSeries systems preferred
- In-depth knowledge of EDI related information technologies and methodologies in iSeries (RPG), TrustedLink or other EDI Mapping tools, internet protocols (AS2, AS3), EAI integration and middleware is critical, including development technologies and scripting languages.
- 5 - 7 years job specific work experience within EDI with demonstrated professional growth and achievement. Experience must include…
- 3 + years in a supervisory/managerial capacity leading diverse and cross functional teams with emphasis on workload prioritization and resource capacity management
- 5+ years in business application design and systems development, including iSeries development (RPG), EDI Mapping with a variety of EDI document types including 2 series and 8 series documents.
- – Demonstrated experience working directly with customers and 3 rd party service providers throughout the customer onboarding lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of applications development projects, Information Technology practices and methods.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management
- Experience in the Flooring industry preferred.
- – Excellence in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of Company policies, and a basic understanding of Human Resources laws and regulations as it relates to employee relations and supervision
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development.