Rocky Hill, CT
5 - 7 years
Posted 133 days ago
Accountable for the development and maintenance aspects of planning, design, development, implementation, training, maintenance and evaluating of the ancillary care information systems. Provides direction for and management of ancillary care information system functions throughout the organization. Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice and clinical workflow to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer application and to ensure the information systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice. These systems may support clinical imaging, safe medication management, and other supportive clinical workflows. Plans, designs, develops, implements and works with clinical governance structures in order to support the changing requirements of ancillary care information systems. Reports to the Director, Clinical Application Services.
* Provides leadership to staff and ancillary care departments in identifying, planning, designing, developing, implementing, training, maintaining, and evaluating efficient, effective ancillary care information systems.
* Work collaboratively with the Medical Staff leadership and clinical leadership to provide guidance in introducing new technology, software, or programs to support clinical processes throughout the organization that are based on evidence and reflect best practice standards.
* Assesses processes and facilitates process redesign, refining systems and tools to support safe and efficient patient care.
* Promotes technologies that support clinical decision-making and facilitate data entry and retrieval for quality improvement, patient safety and patient flow.
* Manages resources to accomplish organizational goals for deployment of the electronic medical record and supporting systems.
* Represents the interests of clinical information systems in clinical leadership meetings and provides key input for both tactical and strategic systems planning.
* Develops, implements and administers policies and procedures pertaining to the build and use of ancillary care systems.
* Provides effective human resource management by providing, assessing and teaching appropriate staff and promoting communication and feedback.
* Participates on or chairs committees to facilitate the evaluation, design, implementation of activities/processes that support cost-efficient quality patient care and improve clinical processes and workflow.