- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Technology discipline, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsibleexperience including operating knowledge of software applications, and leadership, required.
- Experience with Application deployment, maintenance and support, required.
- Understanding of System architecture and design, required.
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, methods and best practices for development and user-centered design, required. Familiarity with healthcare-related data and standards, preferred.
- Familiarity with mobile software application development, preferred.
- General knowledge of SDLC, Database Administration, Network Support and Windows Operating systems, preferred.
Architect, plan, organize, manage, build, deploy, support and maintain custom software applications supporting clinical research activities along with staff. Oversee the development lifecycle and manage team activities. Work closely with clinical researchers, health system leadership and IT leadership to ensure high quality, effectiveness and expected performance levels of software products and infrastructure.
Please note this is a “Hands On” Apps Mgr role require strong Python, Java, and SQL skills.
- Manages and implements staffing requirements.
- Recommends, implements and adheres to approved operating goals, objectives and budget. Reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
- Ensures coordination, integration, communication, implementation, integrity and evaluation of operating policies and procedures consistent with custom software applications including:
- Software architecture and development planning – Guide teams in selecting appropriate technical frameworks, platforms, integrations and design patterns for the development of a wide range of applications and infrastructure supporting research computing, data collection and analyses.
- Design and implementation – Provide expertise and leadership to maintain the integrity and quality of complex development lifecycles and ensure that deployed software products meet performance benchmarks.
- Planning and organization – Define key questions to assist researchers and clinicians without technical skills to formulate systematically and precisely their needs and goals. Effective communication about progress status, presentation of recommendations for key objectives and at setting appropriate expectations is essential for building trust and good working relationship throughout the development lifecycle.
- Management of day-to-day activities – Assist the Director in the planning of technical aspects of emerging projects, report regularly on progress. Recruit, support and mentor software developers. Allocate work load appropriately and according to individual technical competencies.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
- Builds and maintains productive intra-departmental work relationships to optimize operations.
- Ensures operating compliance with government and agency regulations.
- Manages resources including operating budget, supplies, equipment, space, staff and information.
Ø Recommends, implements and evaluates the approved operating budget. Maintains records, reports on performance, and recommends corrective action or justifies variances.
- Plans and ensures adequate supplies on-hand.
- Evaluates equipment and recommends maintenance, repair, upgrade or replacement.
- Participates in the planning and utilization of space.
Ø Oversees the maintenance and integrity of conventional and computer-aided records and information.